Sauteed Sweet Potato and Greens Breakfast Bowl is made with sweet potato, fresh greens, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, egg and avocado! This simple and healthy meal is perfect for any day of the week.
Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Good Monday morning! Everyone knows that Mondays mornings are always the hardest. Not only are you recovering from the weekend, but you are also getting ready for a busy work week ahead. Recovering from the weekend sometimes means getting back on track with healthy eating. I don’t know about you, but I like to indulge at least once during the weekend with a sweet treat. To start my week off right, I’m digging in to this Sauteed Sweet Potato and Greens Breakfast Bowl! Sweet potato is sautéed in a skillet with fresh greens, cumin and a dash of salt and pepper. The mixture is combined with chopped fresh tomatoes, black beans, cheddar cheese, a fried egg, and sliced avocado to create a filling meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week.
For this recipe I use organicgirl SUPER SPINACH! The blend combines baby spinach, baby bok choy and sweet baby kale. The blend adds nutrients and flavor to any dish and cooks in under 3 minutes. After sautéing the chopped sweet potato and adding the garlic and cumin, simply add a few handfuls of the greens and cook until wilted. I often enjoy the sautéed sweet potato and green mixture as a side or combine it with other ingredients to create tasty breakfast bowls packed with fresh flavors and nutrients.
Recovering from the weekend also means recovering from the dessert I enjoyed this weekend. To balance all the sweet treats I consumed, I’m adding organicgirl green juices to my morning routine. I received my most recent order of organicgirl juices on Friday, just in time for recovery! Have you tried the organicgirl home delivery yet? Don’t wait! Visit the organicgirl shop to place an order. Don’t forget to sign up for their mailing list for extra discounts and promotions.
Do you love leafy greens? Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free eCookbook featuring breakfast, lunch dinner and snack recipes packed with leafy greens. Download the book, print it out and add more leafy greens to your diet every single day of the week. Sign up for my newsletter HERE!
*You will receive a welcome email with a link to download the book.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.
Sautéed Sweet Potato and Greens Breakfast Bowl
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 ounces organicgirl SUPER SPINACH
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and sliced
- cilantro or parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper
- To make the sweet potato and greens, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until almost fork tender, about 7 to 9 minutes. Add garlic and cumin and cook for an additional minute. Add greens and stir until wilted; remove from heat.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or coconut oil. Add eggs, season with salt, cover and cook until eggs are set but yolks are still runny, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To assemble bowls, divide sweet potato mixture, black beans, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, eggs and avocado between two bowls. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve immediately!
- Save time and meal prep these bowls to enjoy breakfast throughout the week. You can prep the entire bowl without the egg and cook the egg just prior to serving, if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 342, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 119mg, Sodium: 157mg, Potassium: 930mg, Carbohydrates: 28g, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 13g, Vitamin A: 188%, Vitamin C: 33.5%, Calcium: 15.4%, Iron: 19.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.