Chocolate fudge with chunks of graham cracker and covered with toasted marshmallows! Now you can enjoy your favorite campfire treat in a rich, chocolate fudge!
It’s Friday! Whew….this has been an interesting week. Two trees and our house were struck by lightning on Tuesday night. We were home and honestly didn’t even realize the extent of what happened until we noticed a lot of our electronics were not working. Our neighbors came over to check on us because they could see more of the exterior damage than we could in our house. It was the loudest bang I ever heard when the lightening actually struck, but I just assumed it was a telephone pole or tree in our neighborhood. I didn’t realize it was directly on our property. I posted a picture on Instagram that shows where the bark just exploded right off of the trees. There are up to two feet pieces of bark scattered throughout the yard. In addition, the force of the electricity ripped up random pieces our neighbors driveway and completely tore apart anything and everything in it’s path. Potted plants split in two and bricks were cracked. We have to take down three large pine trees and replace the electronics that were damaged in our house.
This is actually the second time since we have lived in the house that a storm has damaged it. Last year, a huge tree branch ripped out our outside electrical wires and sent a surge through the entire house. At the time, we installed a whole house surge protector in addition to the basic surge protectors we have on our computers, TV, etc. The fact that we had a whole house surge protector probably lessened the effects of the direct lightening strike. So far, it appears only a few electronics and appliances were damaged. We are thankful that it didn’t start a fire and that nobody was injured.
I have so many new recipes that I want to share with you but without internet and minimal computer access, I haven’t been able to access my pictures or recipes. So today, I am sharing the recipe for S’mores Fudge that I posted on Lil Luna a few weeks go. Scroll down for the entire recipe and enjoy rich chocolate fudge with chunks of graham cracker and toasted marshmallows.
I recommend using a butane torch to brown the marshmallows. If you do not have a butane torch, it is no problem to just leave the marshmallows plain.
- 1 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped graham cracker pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Line an 8x8 square pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and stir. Gently fold graham cracker pieces into fudge mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle marshmallows over fudge and gently press down to set. Using a butane torch, carefully brown marshmallows. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, or until firm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 181, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 52mg, Potassium: 53mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Sugar: 24g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 85%, Vitamin C: 0.2%, Calcium: 33%, Iron: 0.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Need more s’mores recipe ideas?