S’mores milkshake is an easy dessert made with real marshmallows, ice cream, chocolate and graham crackers! Learn how to make a milkshake with this homemade milkshake recipe and share it with your entire family.
Growing up, s’mores were my favorite summertime treat. Even now, I never turn down a tasty s’mores. The only thing better than a traditional s’mores is a S’mores Milkshake. This milkshake is rich, creamy and tastes exactly like a toasted marshmallow topped with graham cracker and chocolate. It is by no means healthy, but it is incredibly creamy and delicious and the perfect way to celebrate the end of summer. So indulge a little and enjoy the best flavors of summer.
How to make a s’mores milkshake
To make a milkshake, add vanilla, milk and your favorite additional flavors to a blender. Puree and enjoy. It’s that easy!
- To make this s’mores milkshake, place jumbo marshmallows on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place on the lower rack of an oven and broil the marshmallows until brown on the top, about 30 to 60 seconds. Remove the pan from the oven and gently turn the marshmallows over. Broil until they are golden brown.
- Add ice cream, milk, yogurt and broiled marshmallows to a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into two glass, top with crushed graham cracker crumbs and shaved chocolate, as desired.
What is the difference between a milkshake and a malt?
When malted milk powder is blended with ice cream, milk and flavoring, it’s called a malt. The malt powder may affect the texture and flavor of a milkshake. If you don’t have malted milk powder on hand, a regular milkshake is easy to make with basic ingredients.
We use vanilla ice cream for this milkshake recipe, but you could also use chocolate ice cream to make it a chocolate s’mores milkshake. Either way, it’s delicious!
If you want to make this recipe dairy free and low carb, try it with our coconut milk vanilla ice cream, dairy free milk and dark chocolate. Or try one of our other favorite milkshake recipes below!
- Cookies and cream milkshake recipe – nothing like a “dirt” milkshake!
- Homemade strawberry milkshake – one of my favorites!
- Peach milkshake – a Chic-fil-A copycat, how could you go wrong?
We love this easy summer treat and know that you will too. Try it and let us know what you think!
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons whole or 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 6 jumbo marshmallows
- graham cracker crumbs, for topping
- shaved chocolate, for topping
- Place the marshmallows on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place on lower rack of oven, and broil marshmallows until nice and brown on top, between 30 to 60 seconds. Remove pan from oven and gently turn the marshmallows over, and broil until they are golden brown. (Be sure to keep an eye on them because they burn very quickly.)
- Combine the ice cream, milk, and yogurt in a blender; blend well. Add the marshmallows and blend until they are broken up and distributed evenly.
- Pour the shake into two glasses and top with graham cracker crumbs and shaved chocolate, as desired.
- You can double the recipe for double the servings.
- Use gluten free graham crackers or cookies to make it gluten free.
This is my favorite milkshake! Perfection!
This is soooo delicious!! I love this recipe on a hot summer night, perfect sweet treat!