A delicious omelet made with spinach and kale dip, tomatoes, bacon and onions! Enjoy a hearty meal for breakfast or brunch and fuel up for the day ahead.
The weekends are made for brunch! Brunch is also a great way to procrastinate. I’d rather eat brunch any day than work on my growing list of to-dos. For the past few weeks, I’ve been motivated to get all of the things done that I put off during the cold winter. Each week, I make a list of things to do that mostly includes some spring cleaning, errands, taxes and projects around my house. I am motivated to tackle my list yet each weekend when Saturday rolls around I always find an excuse to delay my list of projects by enjoying a hearty brunch instead. After all, you can’t start a daunting list of to-dos without a nutritious breakfast. First on my menu is this Ultimate Kale and Spinach Omelet with Tomatoes and Bacon.
For this recipe, I used my favorite La Terra Fina Spinach and Kale Spread. I love the spread because it is thick, flavorful and versatile. It is made with Greek yogurt and parmesan cheese. After the omelet is set, add a few tablespoons of the dip and heat until warm. Fold over the omelet and serve with the sautéed tomatoes, onions and bacon.
I really enjoy the flavor combination in this omelet. It includes everything that I love about breakfast including fresh tomatoes and onions, a cheesy omelet filling made with greens and crispy bacon.
Go ahead, create the ultimate omelet loaded with the best flavors and freshest ingredients! I love to serve this omelet with breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit to create a delicious meal.
Spinach and Kale Omelet with Tomatoes and Bacon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 strips bacon cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons La Terra Fina Spinach and Kale Dip & Spread
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes and onion. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Add chopped bacon and stir. Transfer mixture to a plate. Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs. Heat coconut oil in the same medium nonstick skillet. Pour eggs into skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until the eggs are set and the bottom is golden. Spread two or three tablespoons of La Terra Fina Spinach and Kale Dip onto half of the omelet. Heat for an additional 30 seconds. Transfer omelet to a plate. Fold over and top with tomato, onion and bacon mixture. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 588, Fat: 52g, Saturated Fat: 23g, Cholesterol: 520mg, Sodium: 485mg, Potassium: 435mg, Carbohydrates: 7g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 23g, Vitamin A: 19.1%, Vitamin C: 17.3%, Calcium: 7.4%, Iron: 14.7%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post was created in partnership with La Terra Fina. As always, all opinions are my own.