Pizza night is always a family favorite. In my house, pizza night occurs about once a week. The day of the week varies depending on our schedules, but it is safe to say that we love pizza. Brad is actually the one who most often cooks the pizza. We have a few favorite toppings, but we also love to switch it up. Sometimes we do half and half because we can’t ever seem to agree on the same toppings. I love mine loaded with fresh veggies and feta cheese, while Brad prefers plain cheese or meaty toppings. Spinach Bacon Artichoke Flatbread Pizza is a combination of toppings we both love and is the perfect addition to pizza night.
This recipe was buried in my files and I almost forgot to share it with you. Flatbread pizza is always light and fresh. No heavy sauce or mounds of cheese. It is one of those dishes I make frequently for dinner or serve as an appetizer. I really love the combination of flavors in this flatbread pizza. You can’t beat the spinach and artichoke flavors coupled with crumbly feta cheese. And bacon. Enough said.
Guess what is the worst thing about blogging. Staring at drool-worthy pictures long past dinner time. Tough job, I know. But it makes me hungry, like REALLY hungry. And all I want is the food staring back at me. That was certainly the case with this pizza. I’m writing this post long after I should be in bed, and all I want is a slice of this pizza. Most of the time, I have already brushed my teeth so that I purposely restrain myself from eating this late at night. And it generally works. Does anyone else have this issue? You know, just looking at food on Pinterest or something?
Bacon Artichoke Flatbread Pizza
- 1 pizza dough ball
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 6 ounces canned artichoke hearts quartered
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- parsley for garnish
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F and preheat a pizza stone. Roll the pizza dough into desired shape.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until crisp; remove bacon and crumble.
- Brush pizza dough with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic over the dough. Add the spinach and the bacon. Layer the artichoke hearts and feta cheese over the top. Bake until the cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned, about 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Garnish with parsley just before serving.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 312, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 782mg, Potassium: 141mg, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 9g, Vitamin A: 32.2%, Vitamin C: 10.4%, Calcium: 9%, Iron: 11.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.