Load up tortilla chips with your favorite nacho toppings to make these easy steak nachos in less then 20 minutes! They are perfect for game day or an easy weeknight dinner.
Meat lovers will love these steak nachos. They come together easily with any leftover steak and your favorite nacho toppings.
Baked steak nachos are perfect for entertaining. Just throw everything together in a few minutes and enjoy with friends or family.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s perfect for game day, Mexican night, New Years Eve appetizer or an easy weeknight dinner.
- They are a great way to use up leftovers.
- Enjoy steak nachos as an appetizer, snack or entree.
- Add your favorite toppings to customize the flavors.
Steak Nachos Ingredients
This recipe uses classic nacho toppings but you can switch out some toppings to make it your own.
- Tortilla Chips – Use your favorite kind of tortilla chips such as yellow corn chips, white corn or blue corn tortilla chips.
- Cooked Steak – Use any leftover steak like flank steak or pan seared ribeye or homemade taco meat. The steak is even better when you saute it in a little taco seasoning.
- Black Beans – You can substitute with pinto beans or any type of refried beans.
- Cheese – Use a mixture of freshly shredded cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese. Oazxaca cheese or shredded monterey jack cheese are also good choices.
- Tomatoes – You can substitute the tomatoes with store bought or homemade pico de gallo.
- Avocado – You can substitute the sliced avocado with storebought or homemade guacamole.
- Red Onion – You can omit onion, if desired.
- Jalapeños – If you love spicy flavor, then fresh jalapeño slices are a must. You can omit, if desired.
- Sour Cream – You can omit to make these dairy free and use dairy free cheese.
- Garnishes: Fresh cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice from fresh limes.
Other toppings: Add Mexican rice, guacamole, sautéed peppers and onions, black olives, homemade salsa or pico, shredded lettuce or queso. The options are endless!
How to Make Steak Nachos
Nachos come together quickly and easily on one sheet pan.
- Prepare baking sheet – Preheat the oven broiler to high heat. Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray. You can also use parchment paper or baking foil to make clean up easier.
- Melt cheese and heat toppings in oven – Spread tortilla chips in an even layer on the sheet. Place the slices of steak over the tortilla chips evenly and sprinkle the top with beans and cheese.
- Bake the nachos – Broil 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the chips are crispy.
- Add your favorite toppings – Garnish the nachos with tomatoes, avocado, onion, jalapeños, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and any of your other favorite toppings.
- Prep ingredients in advance: Save time by chopping all of the ingredients for the nachos in advance. When you’re ready to eat, throw everything together in less than 10 minutes.
- Grate your own cheese: For the best texture and flavor use freshly grated cheese. A pre-shredded Mexican cheese blend works too but when you grate it yourself it melts easier. If you love melty cheesy nachos then you will want to grate your own cheese.
- Make dairy free nachos: Use vegan cheese and vegan sour cream to make these nachos dairy free. You can omit the steak to make them vegan.
- If you have picky eaters, you can simply melt the cheese on the tortilla chips in the oven. Then set out all of the other ingredients on the countertop and let your family or guests choose their own toppings.
- Serve immediately: Unfortunately nachos do not keep well as leftovers. Serve them immediately for the best texture and flavor. They are easy to make so if you’re craving nachos again another day, it’s best to prepare another batch fresh.
Nachos are a versatile dish. We love serving them with our favorite cocktails and appetizers. Or enjoy them with other Mexican dishes for a fun feast.
Did you try this steak nachos recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
- 1 bag tortilla chips, (10-12 ounces)
- 1 pound cooked steak, thinly sliced (can be leftover)
- 15 ounces black beans, (1 can)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, mashed or sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven broiler to high heat. Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Spread tortilla chips in an even layer on the sheet. Place the slices of steak over the tortilla chips evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with the beans and shredded cheese. Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and the chips are crispy.
- Garnish the nachos with tomatoes, avocado, onion, jalapeños, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and any of your other favorite toppings.