Combine a few simple ingredients to create a summer vegetable frittata! Made with summer squash, goat cheese and mixed greens, this easy veggie frittata is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Good morning! What is your favorite way to fuel up for the day ahead? Starting your day with a nutrient packed breakfast is important. A summer vegetable frittata is made with a few simple ingredients and fresh summer vegetables including summer squash and fresh greens. The entire meal cooks in one pan and is perfect for kids and adults. Fuel up with a tasty meal packed with protein!
How to make baked vegetable frittata
To make a baked veggie frittata, preheat the oven to 35o degrees F. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a medium bowl, then set aside. In an oven safe skillet, heat olive oil. Add the garlic, onion and summer squash to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes, then add greens and cook for one additional minute. Pour the eggs over the mixture, top with crumbled goat cheese and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked through. Remove the pan from the oven, top with additional fresh greens and serve.
Other frittata recipes
Try it and let us know what you think!
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium summer squash, , cut into small, thinly sliced pieces (I use zucchini)
- 2 ounces organicgirl protein greens,, plus more for serving
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet or cast iron pan. Add the garlic, onion and summer squash. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the greens and cook for one additional minute. Pour the eggs over the mixture. Top with crumbled goat cheese and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked through. Remove from the oven, top with additional greens and enjoy!