Combine a few simple ingredients to create a summer vegetable frittata! Made with summer squash, goat cheese and mixed greens, this easy veggie frittata is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Good morning! What is your favorite way to fuel up for the day ahead? Starting your day with a nutrient packed breakfast is important. A summer vegetable frittata is made with a few simple ingredients and fresh summer vegetables including summer squash and fresh greens. The entire meal cooks in one pan and is perfect for kids and adults. Fuel up with a tasty meal packed with protein!
Organic girl protein greens
For this recipe, I use organicgirl Protein Greens. The greens are exclusive to organicgirl because they include sweet pea leaves which are naturally higher in protein than other greens. The sweet pea leaves are blended with other baby greens like spinach and kale. The blend contains 5g of plant protein for an extra boost to smoothies, salads, shakes and more. Add a few handfuls to a breakfast frittata for a protein packed meal that everyone will love. Cook organicgirl protein greens in a skillet with diced onion and chopped summer squash. Add eggs and goat cheese before baking in the oven. If you love organicgirl as much as I do, don’t forget to follow on Instagram for more meal inspiration.
protein greens blend
The organicgirl protein greens blend includes a mix of greens with sweet pea leaves. Depending on the season and availability, the blend may include the follow greens.
- Sweet pea leaves – these leaves add crunch and mild flavor. Fresh sweet peas are crisp and versatile. Use it as a garnish or topping salads, sandwiches and more.
- Baby spinach – loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, but low in calories. It’s one of the most versatile leafy greens.
- Baby bok choy – the flavor is mellow with a mild, peppery spice. It’s similar to cabbage.
- Baby kale – one of our favorite greens is versatile and can be eaten in just about anything. The small greens are great for a salad or cooked into any dish.
- Mizuna – a mild tasting green that can be eaten raw or cooked. It’s a member of the mustard family and is rich in vitamins but low in calories.
- Tatsoi – the mild mustardy greens are the perfect addition to this blend. It’s versatile and you can use it anywhere you would use spinach.
How to use organic girl greens
Organicgirl greens are versatile and are used in a variety of ways. Use them in this breakfast frittata or try a few of our other favorite recipes using organicgirl greens!
- Cook greens in a creamy pasta with One Pot Lemon Chicken Pasta with Baby Kale.
- Prepare a simple side dish with greens like this Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries, Greens and Apples.
- Start your day with our favorite Sweet Potato Toast – 6 ways!
- Create a flavor packed easy weeknight meal with Thai Chicken Peanut Rice Skillet!
How to make baked vegetable frittata
To make a baked veggie frittata, preheat the oven to 35o degrees F. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a medium bowl, then set aside. In an oven safe skillet, heat olive oil. Add the garlic, onion and summer squash to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes, then add greens and cook for one additional minute. Pour the eggs over the mixture, top with crumbled goat cheese and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked through. Remove the pan from the oven, top with additional fresh greens and serve.
Other frittata recipes
Summer Vegetable Frittata
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into small, thinly sliced pieces (I use zucchini)
- 2 ounces organicgirl protein greens, plus more for serving
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in an oven safe skillet or cast iron pan. Add the garlic, onion and summer squash. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the greens and cook for one additional minute. Pour the eggs over the mixture. Top with crumbled goat cheese and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and cooked through. Remove from the oven, top with additional greens and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 186, Fat: 12.4g, Saturated Fat: 4.4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5.1g, Cholesterol: 314.4mg, Sodium: 163mg, Potassium: 258.2mg, Carbohydrates: 4.8g, Fiber: 1.4g, Sugar: 1.9g, Protein: 13.6g
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Kitchen tools and ingredients needed for this baked frittata recipe
SKILLET (SAVE $25 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A REVIEW BELOW AND THEN SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR and #EatGreensDaily ON INSTAGRAM.
Organicgirl sponsored this post. As always, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.