This homemade Taco Pizza recipe is the perfect mash-up for nights when you can’t decide between tacos or pizza! A tasty Mexican pizza recipe made in less than 30 minutes.
Everyone loves taco night. Everyone loves pizza night. So combine the two and create taco pizza night!
Hi friends! Danae from Recipe Runner and I’m here to share my monthly guest post. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite foods to make and eat – pizza! Second to pizza, tacos are my other favorite food so it only made sense to combine the two and make this homemade taco pizza. This Mexican pizza recipe is made with your favorite fresh taco toppings and is great for pizza night.
How to make taco pizza
Use traditional pizza dough, which you can make yourself or purchase the dough if you are short on time. Cook crumbled ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the beef with chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is cooked through and discard any excess grease.
In a large bowl, mash together black beans, salsa, chili powder and ground cumin. Stretch or roll the pizza dough onto a prepared pizza stone or baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkled with corn meal.
Spread the mashed black beans evenly on the top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the beans. Top with the crumbled cooked ground beef and the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake the pizza on the middle rack of the oven at 475 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with your favorite taco toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, green onions, salsa and sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Taco pizza toppings
- Crumbled Ground Beef
- Black Beans
- Green Onions
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream or Greek yogurt
- To make this taco pizza vegetarian or vegan, omit the beef and use vegan cheese.
- Use shredded cooked chicken breast instead of the cooked ground beef.
- Use whole wheat pizza dough instead of traditional.
- To make it gluten free, use a gluten free pizza crust.
If you’re looking for a new spin on tacos or pizza then this Taco Pizza is the perfect mash-up for you! We use mashed black beans instead of a traditional pizza sauce and loaded it up with our favorite taco toppings. You can also use this Mexican black bean recipe and mash.
Switch up your pizza night by trying this fun and easy recipe. And if you’re looking for more great pizza recipes, try one of our favorites below.
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Chicken Peach Ricotta Pizza
- Caprese French Bread Pizza
- Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
- White Pizza with Bacon and Arugula
Taco Pizza Recipe
For the crumbled ground beef:
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and ground pepper
For the mashed black beans:
- 15 ounce (can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup jarred salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Other ingredients for the pizza:
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, black olives, salsa, cilantro and plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- To make the crumbled ground beef, in a large skillet over medium high heat add the ground beef. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the beef into small crumbles. Season the beef with the spices, salt and pepper. Cook the beef until it is done then pour it onto paper towels if there is any excess grease.
- To make the mashed black beans, in a bowl mash together all of the ingredients with a potato masher until desired consistency is reached.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Stretch or roll the pizza dough out onto a prepared pizza stone or baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread the mashed black beans evenly on top of the pizza dough. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the beans. Top with the crumbled ground beef and the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake the pizza on the middle rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with any or all of the listed toppings.
Connect with Danae:
This post contains affiliate links.