Thai Chicken Salad Wrap with blueberries is a refreshing and healthy lunch option that the entire family will love. Just add blueberries to create a healthy, colorful and flavorful meal!
It should be no surprise that I LOVE adding berries to my diet in any way possible. Grab a handful of berries for an afternoon snack or add them to your favorite dish for a flavorful and nutrient packed meal. In the United States, blueberries are at their peak during the month of July and I always make sure to have an endless amount available at any given time. Today I am sharing a healthy and flavor-packed Thai Chicken Salad Wrap with blueberries.
Naturipe Farms challenged me with the task of adding blueberries to one of my favorite recipes. Not only did I add blueberries, but I reinvented one of my favorite recipes as a healthy, flavorful and colorful wrap. The flavors in this wrap combine to create a refreshing and healthy lunch option. Chicken adds protein and the carrots and edamame add the perfect amount of crunch. Top it off with ripe and flavorful blueberries and then drizzle with peanut butter sauce.
Did you know that blueberries are one of the few truly blue foods grown on earth? They also contain one of the highest levels of antioxidants. Adding raw blueberries to your diet not only adds flavor but also provides numerous nutritional benefits.
Blueberries are unique and can be used in many ways. They are the perfect complement to many flavors. It is as easy as adding a cup of blueberries to your favorite recipe.
Now I want to challenge you. Discover how easy it is to add more blueberries to your diet. Try this Thai Chicken Salad Wrap with blueberries or add blueberries to your favorite recipe and create a meal that is healthy, flavorful and colorful.
Thai Chicken Salad Wrap with Blueberries
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon red hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water plus more as needed
For the wraps:
- 4 10 inch wraps or tortillas
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
To make the chicken:
- Whisk soy sauce and ginger together in a small bowl. Place chicken in mixture and marinate in refrigerator for about one hour. After marinating, prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill directly over the fire and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
To make the dressing:
- Combine soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the peanut butter and water and whisk again until smooth and creamy. Add more water as necessary until desired consistency is reached.
To assemble the wraps:
- Divide ingredients into 4 servings, spread over wraps, layer with chicken and top with dressing. Fold the bottom edge of the wrap up. Fold the sides of the wrap inward and then roll the wrap up tightly to enclose all of the fillings. Serve immediately.
*This post is sponsored by Naturipe Farms but all opinions are my own.