Your favorite classic hot dog is topped with pineapple mango slaw for a tropical twist! Perfect for summertime grilling!
Don’t mind me, my mind is on a tropical island. But, because I am not actually going to a tropical island any time soon, I’ve been eating plenty of tropical fruit like mango, pineapple, papaya and kiwi. So why not add tropical flavors to an American classic like a hot dog? Plus, I love layering fruit over everything – salads, meat, dessert. Fruit is a refreshing and healthy addition to any dish. Tropical hot dogs with pineapple mango slaw are a tropical twist on a classic favorite.
I love making a double batch of this slaw to have on hand during the week. I also layer it over pulled pork sandwiches and pulled BBQ chicken. The pineapple, mango and orange creates a light and refreshing slaw. The diced jalapeno adds a little kick. And don’t forget to pile on the cilantro!
Tropical Hot Dogs with Pineapple Mango Slaw
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mango chopped
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Add shredded cabbage, pineapple, mango and jalapeno to bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Cook hot dogs until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble hot dogs, add dogs to bun, top with slaw and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 277, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 537mg, Potassium: 317mg, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 11g, Vitamin A: 15.5%, Vitamin C: 62.6%, Calcium: 11.9%, Iron: 16.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.