Watermelon Fruit Salad is made with fresh chunks of watermelon, berries, cherries and more! Everyone loves this delicious summer fruit salad.
If you’re looking for an easy summer salad recipe made with all of your favorite summer fruits, this one is for you! Combine a few simple ingredients including watermelon, berries, cherries and a tasty lemon honey dressing to make this easy fruit salad. Combine everything in a large bowl and serve it at your next summer gathering. Prep it in advance to enjoy for snack during the week.
Watermelon fruit salad ingredients
Combine all of the fruit in a large bowl. Add chopped fresh mint and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice and honey. Drizzle over the fruit and toss everything to combine. It’s that easy!
Store the fruit salad in a large container covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
A simple fruit salad is the perfect bbq side dish or summer snack. It’s fresh and easy, plus it’s packed with water and nutrients. It contains vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Potassium, Copper, Vitamin B5 and Vitamin A.
What to serve with watermelon salad:
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Grilled Asparagus
- Grilled Lobster
- Garden Salad
- Corn and Tomato Salad
- Mexican Corn on the Cob
This watermelon mint salad is a great way to enjoy fresh seasonal fruit all summer long. The combination of watermelon with fresh berries and cherries is a great refreshing summer snack. The simple lemon honey dressing adds the a subtle sweetness and fresh flavor.
Try it and let us know what you think!
Watermelon Fruit Salad
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, rind removed and chopped to 1/2 to 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup honey
- Combine watermelon, berries, cherries, mint and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and honey until blended. Drizzle over fruit and then gently toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to serving. Serve cold. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Fruit salad can be prepped in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Use agave instead of honey, if desired.
This was awesome! So pretty and flavorful, but not too sweet. I made it several hours ahead, and it still looked great when served. 🙂
Thanks for sharing! How far ahead of time can I make it?
Hi, Vanessa! This keeps for 4 days in the refrigerator. I would recommend making it within 24 hours of serving so that it stays fresher longer. Enjoy!