3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
Yield: 20 cookies, depending on size
These easy cookies are made with only three ingredients! They are great for cookie swaps or a sweet treat any time of the year.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Stir the ingredients together until smooth. Roll into 1-inch balls with your hands and place on a paper-lined baking sheet.
Flatten the cookies a bit with the bottom of a glass, then press a criss-cross pattern into each with the back of a fork.
Bake 12 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
For best results, follow the instructions above as written.
- Peanut Butter: We recommend using creamy Jiff peanut butter or Jiff natural. You do not want to use crunchy peanut butter.
- Sugar: If you want to reduce the amount sugar, use 1 cup peanut butter and 3/4 cup sugar instead. Do not use confectioners' (powdered) sugar.
- Eggs: Use fresh eggs. To make it vegan, you can substitute an egg for a flax egg, which is made by mixing together 1 tablespoon flaxseed with 2 tablespoons water and letting it rest for 5 minutes.
STORAGE: Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
FREEZING COOKIES: You can freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months. Once the cookies are cookie, place the cookies on the cookie sheet into the freezer. Freeze until completely frozen, then transfer to a freezer safe bag or container. Warm them in the oven before serving, by baking in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes, or until warm.
MAKING DOUGH AHEAD: You can make the dough in advance, then wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before baking. Or you can freeze dough and thaw when you are ready to bake. To freeze, wrap dough in plastic, store in a freezer safe bag in the freezer.
- Don't skip the flattening step.
- To make them soft, reduce the cook time slightly to about 9 to 12 minutes.
- To make chewier cookies, press down on the glass more to make them thiner.
Serving: 1cookie, Calories: 138kcal, Carbohydrates: 16.8g, Protein: 3.5g, Fat: 7.3g, Saturated Fat: 1.4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 12.4mg, Sodium: 39.4mg, Potassium: 4.6mg, Fiber: 0.9g, Sugar: 14.6g
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.