Apple Cranberry Sauce
Combine a few simple ingredients in a saucepan to make this homemade apple cranberry sauce with orange and ginger! It's packed with flavor and is paleo and naturally gluten free.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest and juice from one orange
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Cook over medium-low heat for 18 to 20 minutes, until the fruit is tender and the liquid has thickened. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- You can make the cranberry sauce a day or two in advance, store in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature just prior to serving.
- You can omit the ginger, if desired, but it won't be as flavorful.
- Freeze the cranberry sauce in a freezer safe container for up to three months. Defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 0.5g | Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Sodium: 3.7mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.5mg