Easy Blueberry Pie
Yield: 12 servings
Homemade Blueberry Pie is a classic recipe that everyone loves! Made with an easy pie crust, fresh blueberries, lime juice and a hint of sweetness.
To make the pie dough, combine the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix briefly to blend. Add the butter and mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the largest butter pieces no larger than small peas. Add the water and mix on low speed just until the dough comes together.
Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
To make the pie, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, split the ball of dough into two halves. Roll out each half of the dough to create a top and bottom pie crust. Line a 9 inch pie plate with the bottom crust. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the blueberries, 1 cup sugar, flour and the zest and juice of the two limes. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the crust lined pie plate and top with the top crust. Cut off excess dough. Press the top and bottom crust edges together to seal. Cut slits for ventilation and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over the top. Cover the edge of the pie with a pie shield and bake for one hour. If the top starts to over-brown, place tin foil over the top.
- You can use store-bought pie crust instead of the homemade, if desired.
- You can use a lattice design or any other type of pie design. Be sure to cut slits in the crust to allow for ventilation.
- We always recommend fresh blueberries for this recipe. You can use frozen blueberries but it may adjust the texture slightly.
- You can use lemon instead of lime but we highly recommend lime for the best flavor.
- Store leftover pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving: 0g, Calories: 408kcal, Carbohydrates: 63g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 53mg, Sodium: 106mg, Potassium: 134mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 34g, Vitamin A: 550IU, Vitamin C: 11.5mg, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 1.9mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.