Cucumber, Dill, Feta and Pistachio Salad
Say hello to your new favorite, refreshing salad – Cucumber, Dill, Feta and Pistachio Salad. Crisp cucumbers, fresh dill, salty feta and crunchy pistachios are the perfect combination of flavors!
Servings 6 servings
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion or shallot
- 2 English cucumbers sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachios roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Add the apple cider vinegar and salt to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
Once simmering, add in the minced red onion or shallot and remove from the heat. Let the onion steep and cool in the vinegar for 10-15 minutes.
In a large serving bowl combine the cucumbers, dill, feta and pistachios.
Pour the onion and vinegar mixture over the top of the salad and add in the olive oil and black pepper.
Toss everything together until coated then serve.
- This salad is best eaten the day it is made. The pistachios will soften the longer they sit in the salad.
- If you want to add a little sweetness to the salad, add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to the warm vinegar and onion mixture.
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.6mg