Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Red Wine Popsicles
Yield: 8 popsicles
These tasty wine popsicles dipped in dark chocolate are the perfect treat to cool off with on a hot day!
Add all of the ingredients except the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a blender or food processor and puree until they are smooth.
Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and insert a popsicle stick.
Freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the dark chocolate in 20 second intervals stirring each time until the chocolate is just melted, be careful not to burn it.
Stir the melted coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Remove the popsicles from the mold and dunk them in the melted chocolate.
Lay them on the parchment lined baking sheet.
Work quickly to avoid having them melt, then immediately place them back in the freezer to harden.
Store the finished popsicles in a single layer in a freezer bag or airtight container in the freezer.
- Red Wine - We use Pinot Noir but Merlot or another one of your favorite red wines is a good choice too.
- Strawberries - Fresh or frozen.
- Balsamic Vinegar - This enhances the flavor of the berries, but you can omit if desired.
- Chocolate - You can use chopped chocolate bars or chocolate chips.
- To remove the popsicles from the mold, run the mold under warm water for 30 seconds. The popsicles will release easily from the mold.
- Storage suggestions: You can leave the popsicles in the mold and take them out one by one when you are ready to eat them. Or you can store in a plastic freezer bag or airtight container. To store in an airtight container, remove the popsicles from the mold, lay them on parchment paper and then refreeze until completely frozen.
Serving: 0g, Calories: 233kcal, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 19mg, Potassium: 294mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 24g, Vitamin A: 15IU, Vitamin C: 33.3mg, Calcium: 30mg, Iron: 3.7mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.