Butternut Squash, Black Bean and Kale Tacos
Butternut squash, black beans, and kale seasoned with warm Southwest spices are the perfect pairing in these vegetarian and gluten-free tacos!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 cups kale rib removed and chopped
- 1/2 of a yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeds and rib removed then minced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ancho chile powder if you have it
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Several dashes of hot sauce optional
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- Juice of half a lime
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Lime wedges and cilantro for serving
Heat a 12 inch cast iron skillet or non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
Add in the olive oil and swirl around to coat the pan.
Add in the butternut squash and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the diced onion, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and hot sauce and cook for 3-4 more minutes until the onion has softened and the squash is almost cooked through.
Add in the kale and cook until the kale is wilted.
Stir in the black beans and squeeze in the lime juice then turn off the heat.
Serve on warmed tortillas with cilantro and more lime juice if desired.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 684mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 12645IU | Vitamin C: 81.5mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2.6mg