Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef Tacos
Yield: 6 servings
Make slow cooker barbacoa beef tacos to create an easy meal any day of the week! Easy to find ingredients and easy prep create these tacos de barbacoa in the slow cooker.
Coat the inside of the slow cooker with oil.
Season the chunk roast with salt and pepper. Preheat a skillet over high heat and add oil. Sear the chunk roast on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Place roast in crock.
Pour the remaining ingredients for the barbacoa beef over the roast and turn to coat. Close the lid and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
When the roast is fully cooked, shred with two forks and toss in the sauce.
Serve on corn or flour tortillas. Garnish with red onion, queso fresco, cilantro, jalapeños and lime wedges.
- Serving size includes about 2 tacos.
- Nutritional information does not include taco toppings like queso fresco, cilantro, lime or jalapeños.
- Barbacoa beef is a little spicy. If you want it more spicy, add additional diced chili peppers or chipotle peppers in adobo.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- This recipe freezes well. Let the meat cool completely and transfer to freezer safe bags. Remove all of the air from the bag before sealing. To thaw, remove from the freezer and thaw overnight.
Calories: 522kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 39g, Fat: 28g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 130mg, Sodium: 330mg, Potassium: 846mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 375IU, Vitamin C: 15.5mg, Calcium: 106mg, Iron: 5.8mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.