Yield: 2 servings
A refreshing mojito with only five ingredients including mango, lime and mint.
Squeeze 1 lime and combine the juice with the mango in a blender. Pulse until roughly pureed.
In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add mint, 1/4 of another lime (sliced), rum and simple syrup (or honey). Gently muddle together for 30 seconds. Add mango-lime puree, secure lid and shake vigorously.
Pour mixture into two glasses, half-filled with ice and fill the remaining glass with sparkling water or club soda. Top with mint sprigs and slices of mango and lime.
Nutritional information does not include optional simple syrup or honey.
Type of Fruit and Mint:
Type of Rum:
- Mango - any variety of mango works.
- Lime - any type of lime, both conventional and key lime tastes great.
- Mint - spearmint or peppermint are best.
Other fruit flavors:
- Light white rum is the best choice. Bacardi Silver Rum or Cruzan Light Rum are good reasonably priced rums. Flavored rums are okay, but they might alter the flavor of the drink.
- You can use vodka instead of rum, if desired.
- Pineapple or Peach - Use fresh pineapple or peach puree (or both) instead of the mango.
- Strawberry or Blueberry - Replace the mango with muddled berries.
- Guava or Passionfruit - Use guava or passionfruit puree instead of the mango.
Calories: 150kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 4mg, Potassium: 242mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 15g, Vitamin A: 1281IU, Vitamin C: 58mg, Calcium: 41mg, Iron: 1mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.