Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
An easy recipe made with a simple teriyaki chicken marinade. This classic chicken recipe is served with your favorite side dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until smooth, then whisk into the sauce mixture until combined. Remove one-fourth cup teriyaki sauce and set aside for serving.
Add the chicken to the bowl with the remaining teriyaki sauce and marinate in the refrigerator for at least thirty minutes.
Prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Brush and oil the grill grate.
Place the marinated chicken on the grill directly over the fire. Discard the marinade. Cook chicken until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about five to eight minutes on each side.
Serve with additional teriyaki sauce, rice and vegetables.
- Rice Vinegar: You can use apple cider vinegar instead, if needed.
- Sesame Oil: This adds delicious flavor to the sauce. You can use olive oil, but it may alter the flavor.
- Cornstarch: You can use arrowroot instead.
- You can use this marinade for any type of chicken (drumsticks, breasts, wings). However, you may need to adjust the cook time to ensure the chicken is cooked through until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- You can prep the marinade up to 2 days in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Serving: 4ounces, Calories: 199kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 1195mg, Potassium: 477mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 34IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 11mg, Iron: 1mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.