Easy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
Combine a few ingredients to create a creamy pumpkin sauce that you can mix together with your favorite pasta noodles!
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
While pasta is cooking, in a medium sized skillet over medium low heat, melt butter. Add minced garlic and cook until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally until it starts to thicken.
Add in salt, black pepper, nutmeg and grated Parmesan and whisk gently until the cheese has melted completely.
Add pumpkin and stir until it has been incorporated completely. Add pasta to post and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped fresh sage and enjoy!
*PUMPKIN PUREE: You can use up to one full can of pumpkin puree, depending on how taste for pumpkin flavor.
- This dish tastes great with any kind of pasta.
- Serve it with Italian sausage or chicken for additional protein and flavor.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze, cool the dish completely, then store in a freezer safe container for up to three months. The sauce can also be frozen separately. To reheat, stir over low heat to prevent it from curdling.
- If the sauce gets too thick while cooking or reheating, just thin it out with some water.
Calories: 592kcal, Carbohydrates: 63g, Protein: 19g, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 96mg, Sodium: 635mg, Potassium: 316mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 7381IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 292mg, Iron: 2mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.