Maple Dijon Chicken Skillet
Yield: 4 servings
Mix together sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, apple and chicken with a simple maple dijon mustard sauce to create an easy dinner in 30 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk together ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil to the skillet. Add red onion, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, sauteeing for 6 to 8 minutes. Splash in the chicken broth as needed to deglaze the pan.
When sweet potatoes are almost fork tender, add in diced apple and saute 2 minutes.
Add chicken back to the skillet along with the sauce and stir everything together. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes until warmed through. Enjoy!
STORAGE: Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chicken: Use chopped boneless chicken breast or boneless skinless thighs.
- Vegetables: You can also swap for broccoli, red potatoes or another favorite vegetable.
- Chicken Broth: You can substitute with vegetable broth or water, if desired.
- Maple Syrup: You can use honey or another type of sweetener.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: You can substitute with white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar, however the flavor may be stronger so I would substitute with less.
- Spices: You can use substitute with 1/4 each of dried thyme and rosemary, if desired.
Calories: 261kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 27g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 73mg, Sodium: 253mg, Potassium: 733mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 4917IU, Vitamin C: 24mg, Calcium: 45mg, Iron: 1mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.