Best Instant Pot Chicken Stew
Yield: 4 servings
This chicken stew is made with basic ingredients to create a hearty flavorful meal that the entire family will love!
Heat your Instant Pot by using the Saute function.
Melt butter, then add the onion, carrot and celery. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and allow to cook 4 to 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Press cancel, then add chicken, potatoes, broth, seasoning, bay leaf and remaining salt and pepper.
Stir well, then secure lid and pressure valve. Cook on Manual High pressure for 10 minutes, allowing a 10 minute natural release. Release the remaining pressure via manual release.
Combine cornstarch and water and stir until dissolved, then remove the Instant Pot lid. Press Saute, stir in the cornstarch mixture and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until thickened. Remove the bay leaves and add fresh chopped parsley before serving. Enjoy!
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can also freeze the soup in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
- Vegetables - You can substitute the red potatoes with sweet potatoes or use green beans, peas or corn, if desired.
- Chicken - Boneless chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs work in this recipe.
- Spices - If you don't have Italian seasoning, you can use 1/4 teaspoon each of rosemary, basil, thyme and oregano.
- Broth - You can use vegetable broth for this recipe, but the flavor may be different.
- Cornstarch - You can use use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. You can also omit the cornstarch completely, but the stew will be thinner.
Calories: 373kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 36g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 106mg, Sodium: 1114mg, Potassium: 1424mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 431IU, Vitamin C: 20mg, Calcium: 51mg, Iron: 2mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.