Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Yield: 5 servings
Combine a few easy-to-find ingredients to make this easy ice cream! It's naturally vegan, gluten free and low carb.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk,, cold
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar, , maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil , melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Add all ingredients to a blender. Pulse for 10 to 15 seconds or until completely combined.
Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for eight hours or overnight.
Thaw for 5 to 10 minutes just prior to serving. Enjoy!
If you replace the sugar with a low sugar substitute, the nutritional information will be different.
- Coconut milk: Use full fat coconut milk.
- Cocoa powder: Use unsweetened cocoa powder. You can use dark cocoa, but the ice cream will taste more like dark chocolate ice cream.
- Sweetener: Confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, honey or other similar honey work great.
- If you want to chill it quicker, you can churn in an ice cream maker.
- Top with your favorite ice cream toppings like cocao nibs, fruit, peanut butter sauce or sprinkles.
Calories: 234kcal, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Sodium: 11mg, Potassium: 234mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 19mg, Iron: 3mg
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a review below or share a photo and tag @spoonfulofflavor on Instagram.