Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats are homemade treats made with only five natural ingredients!
Everyone, including animals, need homemade treats for the holidays. With a few ingredients, one bowl and some cookie cutters these treats came together quickly and easily. I usually make three batches in one afternoon and package them up in little time. So don’t forget your furry friends this holiday season. Give them something wholesome and homemade.I don’t have a dog, but I give them as gifts to friends and family with dogs. I use cute little burlap treat bags to package them. No preservatives or additives. Just five pure and wholesome ingredients to make your pup happy.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats are one of the most popular recipes on this site because they are made with natural ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and pantry. They come together in little time and are the perfect homemade gift. I use this large dog bone cookie cutter. Go ahead, bake your pup something they will love!
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 15 ounces can pumpkin puree, (1 can) do not use pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats*
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, ,brown rice flour, or gluten free flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter until combined. Add oats and flour and stir well until dough forms.
- The dough may be a little sticky, so dust your hands and rolling pin with flour. Pour dough onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/2 thick. Cut out using cookie cutter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Place on cooling racks and let cool thoroughly. They will harden as they cool.
- If your dog is on a grain free diet, substitute the oats with an extra 1/4 cup grain free flour.
This page contains affiliate links.