Peach Crostata is a simple dessert that is ready in less than 30 minutes! This easy peach galette dessert recipe is perfect for any time of the year. Make this peach tart and share it with friends and family.
Summer usually means quick and easy meals. It’s hot, summer is busy and sometimes we’d rather spend the daylight hours outside than inside our kitchen. Peach crostata, galette or whatever you want to call this tasty tart is an easy dessert recipe that is adapted to fit your needs. Grab some fresh peaches and make this simple yet delectable peach dessert recipe. It’s the perfect last minute dessert for guests or even a simple summer treat served after your favorite backyard barbecue recipes.
How to make peach crostata
To make a peach galette or crostata, preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out homemade or store bought pie pie on a lightly floured work surface. Roll the dough into a 10 to 12 inch circle. Pile freshly sliced peaches into the center. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place slices of butter on top of the peaches. Roll up the sides of the dough to form a tart or galette. Brush the pastry crust with egg wash and sprinkle with additional sugar.
Bake the peach tart, galette or crostata for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Use store bought or homemade pie dough to make the crust for the peach crostata. To make the pie dough, combine flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix briefly to blend. Add butter and mix on medium speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the largest butter pieces no larger than small peas. Add the water and mix on low speed just until the dough comes together.
Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Store the dough in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the crostata.
This peach crostata is the perfect way to use fresh seasonal peaches. The simple flavors of the peaches, cinnamon and nutmeg combine to create a delicate, sweet pastry. Use pre-made pie dough to create a delicious summer dessert in under 30 minutes. You don’t even need to peel the peaches.
Serve at room temperature or slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, warm in the oven and serve.
An easy peach crostata is the perfect addition to your summer meal. Try it for dessert after a few of our favorite summer dinner recipes like grilled lobster tail, baked bbq chicken or watermelon berry salad. If you love peach recipes, try a few of our other favorite recipes below including peach dessert recipes and more. Don’t forget to come back and let us know what you think!
- Peach pie cupcakes
- Grilled peach and blueberry crisp
- Peach pie smoothie bowl
- Frozen peach bellini
- Chicken peach ricotta pizza
Try it and let us know what you think!
For the pie dough:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick, cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons very cold water
For the filling:
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon. cold water, for egg wash
- To make the pie dough, combine the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix briefly to blend. Add the butter and mix on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with the largest butter pieces no larger than small peas. Add the water and mix on low speed just until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the crostata, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pie dough into a 10 to 12 inch circle. Pile peaches in the center. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sugar, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg over the peaches. Place the slices of butter on top of the peaches. Fold up the sides of the dough. Brush pastry crust with eggwash and sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar over the dough.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Use one roll of store-bought pie crust instead of homemade to save time.
- Bake and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.