One Pot Lemon Chicken, Spinach and Asparagus Orzo is made with some of the freshest flavors of the season, including lemon, asparagus, Parmesan cheese and organicgirl supergreens!
Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Did you know that one of my top 3 recipes of all time is my One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with Baby Kale? I created the recipe a few years ago with organicgirl I heart baby kale and it is still one of my most popular recipes. If this recipe looks familiar, it’s because I’m sharing a lightened up twist on my most popular recipe. One Pot Lemon Chicken, Spinach and Asparagus Orzo is made with a few fresh ingredients and cooks in one pan in under 30 minutes. Combine chicken, orzo, asparagus, greens, lemon and Parmesan cheese to create a meal that the entire family will enjoy.
For this recipe, I use one of organicgirl’s signature blends – SUPERGREENS! The greens combine five superfood baby greens and add nutrients and flavor to this meal. Organicgirl’s baby spinach, SUPER SPINACH, and I heart baby kale are also great options for this recipe. Best of all, the entire meal cooks in one pan to make clean up easy. Make the meal in advance for meal prep and reheat leftovers for lunch and dinner throughout the week. You can also save even more time by prepping all of the ingredients in advance and cooking just prior to eating. One Pot Lemon Chicken, Spinach, and Asparagus Orzo is a simple meal for any day of the week!
One Pot Lemon Chicken, Spinach and Asparagus Orzo
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh asparagus cut into 1" pieces
- 3 to 5 ounces Organicgirl SUPERGREENS!
- zest and juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the chicken is thoroughly cooked then remove it from the skillet onto a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet then add in the shallot. Sauté for one minute or until the onion starts to soften.
- Add in the orzo and garlic and sauté for about a minute. Pour in the chicken broth, stir everything together and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes and then add the asparagus. Simmer covered for an additional 5 minutes, then add the spinach. Cook for one minute or until spinach is wilted. Remove the lid and if there is any excess liquid remaining continue to cook uncovered for another minute.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the skillet and stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese until everything is combined. Garnish with more Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 320, Fat: 8.2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 64mg, Sodium: 218mg, Carbohydrates: 28g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 30g
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Organicgirl sponsored this post. As always, all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.