One Pot Tortellini Soup includes all of your favorite fresh vegetables, tortellini and beans! It is a hearty and delicious meal that the entire family will love.
I’ve been craving soup more than anything else lately. I think it’s because winter finally hit Florida. Soup is one of my favorite ways to eat vegetables because you can pretty much add anything and everything to a big pot with some broth and it will taste great. Tortellini Minestrone Soup is a recipe that I make often and love. It fills you up with hearty vegetables and includes comforting tortellini pasta.
All of the ingredients for this soup cook in one pot so it makes prep and clean up easy. I add all of the freshest ingredients, simple seasonings, vegetable broth and tortellini. You can even prep the soup in advance and let it simmer on the store for a few hours at a very low temperature. The leftovers tastes even better too so don’t be afraid to make a big batch and enjoy throughout the week.
Warm up on a cold winter day with a bowl of Tortellini Minestrone Soup. Kids and adults will love this recipe. Best of all, you can make a large batch at the beginning of the week and enjoy it as leftovers. If you feel adventurous, add a few of your other favorite vegetables such as spinach or squash. The more veggies, the better, right? Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and you have a filling meal for lunch or dinner.
One Pot Tortellini Minestrone Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 zucchini sliced into small pieces
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup green beans chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 9 ounces tortellini fresh or frozen
- 2 heaping cups fresh kale coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, zucchini, carrots, celery and green beans and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, broth and Italian seasoning to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the tortellini to the pot and cook according to the package instructions. One minute before the tortellini is done, stir in the kale, lower heat and let simmer for five additional minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan, as desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 263, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 1453mg, Potassium: 449mg, Carbohydrates: 42g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 12g, Vitamin A: 4540%, Vitamin C: 19.3%, Calcium: 165%, Iron: 4.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.