Lemon garlic shrimp fettuccine pasta is an easy yet impressive meal for any day of the week. The shrimp is cooked in a white wine sauce and served over a Alfredo pasta. This creamy shrimp fettuccine pasta recipe is made in less than 30 minutes!
Pasta with wine and cheese is always a winning combination! When the three ingredients combine to create an easy meal that is made in less than 30 minutes, your palate is happy. Lemon garlic white wine shrimp fettuccine pasta is made with a few simple ingredients and a classic white wine pasta sauce. This recipe is creamy, flavorful and so delicious!
This entire recipes comes together with only a few steps. It’s perfect for any day of the week. The creamy Alfredo pasta with lemon garlic shrimp is the perfect comfort food. It’s an easy dish that will also impress your guests!
White wine pasta sauce
To make white wine pasta sauce, heat butter and olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour. Cook, whisking constantly for one minute. Slowly add the white wine, whisking until thickened. Add the milk and whisk until combined. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Shrimp fettuccine recipe
- First, cook fettuccine pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the white wine pasta sauce.
- Next, cook the shrimp with butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Sauté the shrimp until cooked through.
- Toss together the pasta, sauce and shrimp. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Shrimp pasta recipes
While this creamy Alfredo fettuccine pasta recipe is one of our favorites, we also really love One Pot Jambalaya Pasta and Garlic Shrimp Bucatini Pasta. Or if you’re just looking for a side of shrimp to serve over your own pasta dish or a side of fresh vegetables, try our Lemon Garlic Shrimp, made in less than 15 minutes!
Lemon Garlic White Wine Shrimp Fettuccine Pasta
For the pasta:
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
For the shrimp:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the fettuccine according to manufacturer's instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter and olive oil in a medium pan set over medium heat. Once butter is melted, whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, for one minute. Slowly add the white wine, whisking until thickened. Add the milk and whisk until combined. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the shrimp, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through. Toss together pasta, sauce and shrimp. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- You can use vegetable broth instead of the white wine, if desired.