Lemon Garlic Shrimp is ready in less than 15 minutes and only requires a few simple ingredients! Enjoy it as your meal or serve it over salad or rice!
Meal planning is easy when you have a few favorite dishes to rotate throughout the month. Every week, I try to make at least one or two of our favorite repeat meals for dinner and then try something new during the other days of the week. A few days we eat leftovers or just grab something quick. I love adding seafood to our menu because it usually requires little prep and is cooked in a short amount of time.
Lemon and garlic are my two favorite flavors to season seafood. I always have both readily available in my kitchen and the two simple ingredients create a meal that is simple yet flavorful. You won’t even believe how quickly this meal comes together. We often eat this dish as our entire meal or serve it over a big green salad.
With ingredients that are good for you and that you probably already have in your house, this lemon garlic shrimp is one that I make often and love it more and more each time. It is easy and versatile. It pairs well with rice, veggies and even a fresh green salad. Try this recipe and you will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from one medium lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add shrimp to the pan in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, add the lemon juice and cook until the shrimp is cooked throughout, about 1 to 2 additional minutes. Add the parsley, stir to combine well. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 305, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 571mg, Sodium: 2057mg, Potassium: 244mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 47g, Vitamin A: 10.1%, Vitamin C: 30.8%, Calcium: 35.1%, Iron: 29.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.