Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish that is packed with flavor. Enjoy with your favorite protein for a delicious healthy meal anytime.
Oven roasted vegetables are the perfect side dish. They are easy to prepare and are packed with fresh flavor. You can even roast them in the oven while you prepare a protein or other dish to serve alongside them.
Grab some eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, onions and cherry tomatoes and roast them in the oven with olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and simple seasonings.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Roasted Mediterranean vegetables are a versatile side dish.
- It’s a family friendly dish that is naturally gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
- You can easily adapt this recipe to fit your taste.
Ingredients You Need
You will need vegetables and a few other simple ingredients for this roasted vegetables recipe.
- Vegetables: You can use any combination of vegetables, but I love using zucchini, red onions, bell peppers, eggplant and cherry tomatoes. Other options include carrots, broccoli, potatoes and summer squash. Cut the vegetables into similar sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Always use a high quality olive oil when roasting vegetables for the best texture and flavor.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Roasting with balsamic vinegar adds a subtly sweet flavor. You can omit the balsamic vinegar, if preferred.
- Lemon Juice: Use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Garlic: Use fresh garlic for the best flavor.
- Spices: Use a combination of Mediterranean spices like basil, oregano and thyme. This recipe uses dried herbs to make it easy, but you can also use fresh herbs. You can also use Italian seasoning or za’atar.
How to Make Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
This recipe comes together in 3 easy steps.
- Step 1: Prepare the oven – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. You can line the sheet with parchment paper before spraying, if desired.
- Step 2: Mix together the ingredients – In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, red onion and tomatoes. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle the mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Step 3: Bake in the oven – Spread the vegetables into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast the vegetables for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender and just beginning to char, being sure to stir halfway through the cooking time.
Serve vegetables garnished with fresh parsley and lemon wedges on the side.
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
You can prepare these vegetables on the grill instead of the oven. Use a grill pan to prevent the vegetables from falling through the cracks in the grill.
Air Fryer Mediterranean Vegetables
You can also prepare these vegetables in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Coat an air fryer basket with cooking spray and spread the veggies out evenly in the basket, being careful not to crowd the veggies. You may need to cook in two batches. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes until tender, tossing once during the cook time.
- Save time by prepping ahead! You can save time by cutting all of the veggies in advance. Then toss with the spices, olive oil and lemon juice right before roasting.
- Cut the vegetables into similar sized pieces. This will help them cook evenly.
- Do not crowd the vegetables on the baking sheet. Spread out the veggies evenly on the baking sheet to allow them to cook evenly. Crowding may result in soggy vegetables.
- Add cheese. For extra flavor, add feta cheese after roasting or during the last two minutes of roasting.
Mediterranean recipes taste great served with protein like fish, steak, chicken or roasted chickpeas. We love serving Mediterranean roasted vegetables with Pan Seared Cod, Boneless Chicken Thighs or Pan Seared Ribeye.
You can also serve the vegetables over salads, rice, quinoa or pasta.
Other Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Roasted Zucchini and Squash
- Oven Roasted Beets
- Honey Roasted Vegetables
Did you try these Mediterranean Roasted Veggies? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- 1 small eggplant, sliced and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 large yellow or red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch squares
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Drizzle the mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat, then spread them in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender and just beginning to char, being sure to stir halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley and lemon wedges on the side.