Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Fresh greens are topped with blueberries, quinoa, sprouts, chickpeas, avocado, and almonds to create a Spring Superfood Bowl with blueberry-ginger dressing!
The first day of summer is going to be here before we know it. Here in Florida it feels like summer already arrived. The weather is beautiful and the daily afternoon rain showers have started. The arrival of summer means vacations, road trips, backyard barbecues and more. But before we head into summer, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipes featuring fresh spring flavors. Blueberries, sprouts, avocado, greens and more are packed into this Spring Superfood Bowl. A fresh blueberry-ginger dressing tops it all off and creates a meal packed with flavor and important nutrients to supercharge your body for summer.
I love using organicgirl SUPER SPINACH because it not only includes baby spinach, but also baby bok choy and sweet baby kale. Three different types of greens means more flavor and vitamins. Salad greens are one ingredient that I always have in my fridge. I add them to my egg scramble in the morning, layer them over my sandwich for lunch and make myself a beautiful bowl of green goodness for dinner. Spring Superfood bowls are everything that I love about spring in one easy bowl.
Spring Superfood Bowl with Blueberry-Ginger Dressing
For the salad bowls:
- 4 ounces organicgirl SUPER SPINACH
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, garbanzo beans rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 ounce package of blueberries
- 1 avocado, peeled, cored and diced into small pieces
For the blueberry-ginger dressing:
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
To make the dressing:
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing (blueberries through maple syrup) to a food processor. Pulse until well blended. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
To assemble the salad:
- Divide the spinach mix into three servings and arrange in bowls. Top spinach mix with quinoa, sprouts, chickpeas, almonds, blueberries, and avocado, dividing evenly between bowls. Top with blueberry-ginger dressing and serve.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.