Oven roasted potatoes and carrots is a simple and easy dish that’s prepped in just 10 minutes! It is made in just one pan with a few ingredients for easy cleanup.
Oven roasted carrots and potatoes are a simple hearty side dish that’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Toss with olive oil and seasonings already in your pantry, to create an easy healthy dinner to serve alongside Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Turkey Tenderloin or any other protein you enjoy for dinner.
How to make oven roasted potatoes and carrots
Making roasted potatoes and carrots is simple. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Next, place halved baby potatoes and carrot chunks in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, salt and pepper. Toss ingredients in the bowl to coat and then spread in a single layer onto a prepared baking sheet.
Roast the vegetables in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing and flipping about halfway through baking. Carrots and potatoes should be tender and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Should you boil potatoes before roasting?
You don’t need to boil the potatoes! Boiling your potatoes before roasting helps them to have a crispy outside coating. If you boil your potatoes before you roast, make sure to cut the time spent roasting in the oven. For this recipe, we suggest cutting the cook time by 10 minutes.
Other herbs to serve with vegetables
Many herbs and seasonings pair well with potatoes and carrots. In addition to fresh parsley, try oregano, thyme, rosemary or a little bit of lemon with the vegetables. Always season with salt and pepper.
This side dish is such an easy and simple side dish to bake in the oven. The vegetables are tender, slightly caramelized and delicious. The rich flavors of the baked carrots and the hearty potatoes paired with a roasted turkey, maple glazed ham or pork tenderloin make for a perfect winter dinner. Plus, with everything made on one pan, it’s easy cleanup.
Try this recipe and let us know what you think!
Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- 3/4 pound carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the carrots and potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then spread into a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until vegetables and tender and starting to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.