Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Six ingredients are layered in a mason jar to create a fresh and flavorful Spring Green Mason Jar Salad with strawberries! Pack the mason jar for on-the-go or enjoy an easy lunch at home.
Do you discover something that you love and then obsess over it for weeks? I do. When it comes to food, this usually means eating the same thing over and over again until I get sick of it. Mason jar salads are one thing that I never get sick of no matter how often I eat them. You pack all of your favorite ingredients into one jar, store them in your fridge and then pour into a bowl when you are ready to enjoy. It doesn’t get any easier! This Spring Green Mason Jar Salad with Strawberries combines six fresh ingredients in one jar and creates a salad that you will want to eat again and again.
The inspiration for this mason jar salad came from two things, my love for spring produce and my love for organicgirl’s pomegranate balsamic dressing. The dressing is creamy, fresh and packed with so much flavor. When you combine the dressing with organicgirl’s super spinach or sweet pea greens, strawberries, asparagus, pasta and feta, you create a salad that not only looks and smells good, but tastes amazing too. The combination of flavors is so perfect that I’m pretty sure the dressing was made for this salad.
The salad comes together in little time and can be prepped in advance. Layer all six ingredients into a mason jar, close and store in your refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy. When you are ready to eat, remove the jar from the refrigerator, pour into a bowl and mix. It’s that easy!
Spring Green Mason Jar Salad with Strawberries
Yield: about 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Six ingredients are layered in a mason jar to create a fresh and flavorful Spring Green Mason Jar Salad with Strawberries! Pack the mason jar for on-the-go or enjoy an easy lunch at home.
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 ounces organicgirl Pomegranate Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped strawberries
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 4 to 5 ounces organicgirl Sweet Pea or organicgirl Super Spinach
- Bring a large pot of water mixed with a pinch of salt to a boil over medium heat. Set aside a bowl of iced water. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Carefully remove the asparagus from the water and immediately add it to the ice water.
- Reheat the same pot of water or a fresh pot of water and add the pasta. Cook, according to package instructions, until al dente.
- To make the salads, divide the dressing, cooked pasta, asparagus, strawberries, feta and Sweet Pea or Super Spinach greens between 2 large or 4 medium-sized mason jars, layering in that order. Cover the jars and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When ready to serve, pour ingredients from jar into a bowl, mix to blend and enjoy! The salads will keep for 2-3 days.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor// All images and text ©
Other recipes featuring my favorite spring produce:
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.