Thank you to al fresco for sponsoring this post!
Chicken Rigatoni Pasta Skillet comes together in under 30 minutes and cooks in one pot to make clean up easy! Kids and adults will love this simple meal made with chicken sausage, rigatoni, pasta sauce, cheese and more.
You already know how much I love one pot meals. The only thing better than my favorite comfort food recipes, is when they are cooked in one pot in less than 30 minutes. Chicken Rigatoni Pasta Skillet is a fun twist on a classic pasta dish. It reminds me of the classic homemade pasta meal my mom used to make when I was a child. It’s warm, comforting and flavorful. The entire meal cooks in one pot in 20 minutes and is made with only six ingredients. Kids and adults will love this meal. After you make it once, you will want to make it again and again!
To save time and effort, I used all natural al fresco fully cooked Roasted Pepper & Asiago Chicken Sausage. I love using the chicken sausage for busy weeknights when I am trying to get dinner on the table quickly. Best of all, the fully cooked chicken sausage makes the meal even easier by cutting down on cook time. The roasted red pepper and asiago flavor is the perfect addition to this rigatoni pasta. I love that it tastes just like chicken meatballs and is a fun twist on Chicken Parmesan.
Create a well balanced meal that your entire family will love by making this Chicken Rigatoni Pasta Skillet for dinner this week. Experiment with your favorite flavors by trying other flavors of all natural al fresco cooked sausage. Add a little heat and trying the Spicy Jalapeno or stick to classic Italian flavors with the Roasted Garlic. Make dinner prep even easier by substituting the fully cooked chicken sausage in all of your favorite meals!
Chicken Rigatoni Pasta Skillet
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 12 ounces Fully Cooked Chicken Sausage, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- In a 12" pan or skillet over medium-high heat, add uncooked pasta, marinara sauce and broth. Stir then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 7 minutes. Add sliced chicken sausage, recover the pan and cook an additional 3 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- This meal tastes great as leftovers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and reheat prior to serving.
This post is sponsored by al fresco. As always, all opinions are my own.