Meal Prep Cilantro Lime Chicken Fajitas in Foil are made with easy-to-find ingredients and are packed with flavor! Bake the chicken fajita filling in foil, serve with rice or tortillas and enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Meal prep makes the week so much easier! When a meal takes less than 30 minutes to cook, it’s even better. Meal prep cilantro lime chicken fajitas in foil combine the best of everything. Cilantro, lime and honey is one of my favorite flavor combinations. During the summer, we enjoy cilantro lime chicken cooked on the grill. In the fall and winter season, I prefer simple one pot or sheet pan meals. Combine the simple, fresh flavors in one bowl, wrap in foil and bake in the oven. Best of all, clean up is easy. Add these chicken fajitas in foil to your dinner menu this week and create a meal for the entire family!
Finding meals that taste great as leftovers is challenging. My favorite meal prep meals include one pot lemon chicken pasta, hearty turkey chili, and lemon chicken tortellini soup. All of the recipes cook in one pot and taste even better as leftovers. Cilantro lime chicken fajitas taste great as leftovers and cook on one sheet pan in foil. Enjoy them for lunch or dinner any day of the week!
To store this recipe for meal prep, I use my favorite glass meal prep storage containers. The entire meal can be prepped in advance and stored in the containers for two or three days. Serve the cilantro lime chicken fajita filling with tortillas or white rice. Layer with fresh avocado and lime juice for additional nutrients and flavor. If you don’t like cilantro, you can skip it all together or substitute it for your other favorite seasonings.
Meal Prep Cilantro Lime Chicken Fajitas in Foil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- zest of one lime
- pinch of salt
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- avocado for serving
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, honey, cumin, lime zest and salt.
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine the cilantro-lime sauce with the chicken, peppers and onions. Mix or shake bag to combine.
- Cut and lay out four 12x12 squares of aluminum foil. Divide the mixture evenly among the four sheets of foil. Gently fold the foil around the ingredients to form a tight seal.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice, quinoa or tortillas. Garnish with avocado and cilantro, as desired.
- Meal prep and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 194, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 134mg, Potassium: 589mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 24g, Vitamin A: 215%, Vitamin C: 85.4%, Calcium: 19%, Iron: 0.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post contains affiliate links.