Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
One Pot Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup with Greens is made with the freshest ingredients and comes together in little time. Fresh lemon juice and zest creates a flavorful meal that tastes even better then chicken noodle soup!
About seven years ago we planted a Meyer Lemon tree on our property. It was the first citrus we planted after purchasing our house and remains my favorite citrus tree today. This year is our best season to date! We probably have close to 500 lemons on one tree. I’ve posted a few little videos on my Instagram stories to show you all of the lemons. Best of all, they have some of the best flavor and are packed with juice. My goal for each day is to use as many lemons as possible so I’ve come up with some tasty combinations. One Pot Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup with Greens is inspired by homemade chicken noodle soup but tastes even better. The fresh lemon flavor and nutritious greens create a warm and comforting meal that kids and adults love!
For this recipe, I used almost an entire container of organicgirl SUPER SPINACH! You don’t have to use Meyer lemons like I did. Any fresh lemon will work well. It’s the perfect comfort food and is great for leftovers during the week. Best of all, it cooks in one pot in under 30 minutes!
Gear up for a healthier new year with One Pot Lemon Chicken Tortellini with organicgirl Greens! Plan ahead with healthier meal plans by building your own organicgirl green box filled with fresh greens, salad dressings and juices that are delivered right to your door.
One Pot Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup with Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 9 ounces tortellini, fresh or frozen
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 5 ounces organicgirl SUPER SPINACH
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon zest*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large large dutch oven or stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots and celery and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add the broth and thyme to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the tortellini to the pot and cook according to the package instructions. One minute before the tortellini is done, stir in the chicken breast and SUPER SPINACH! and cook for one additional minute. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Don’t miss my other favorite Lemon Chicken Pasta recipe:
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.