Thank you to organic girl for sponsoring this post!
One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with baby kale is an easy and delicious one pot meal that the entire family will love! Made with chicken, lemon, cheese, pasta and fresh greens!
Once you start making one pot meals, you won’t be able to stop. I try to make a one pot meal at least once a week because it makes dinner planning easy and clean up even easier. Today, I am sharing the recipe for One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta with I heart baby kale from organicgirl. The greens actually include a mixture of baby kale, baby spinach, green romaine and more. The hearty greens are both nutritious and delicious. The lemon adds fresh flavor that complements the chicken and creates a meal that the entire family will love.
With so many great ways to sneak greens into meals, you will never get bored. Sandwiches, salads, smoothies, soups, pasta, and more. You can even sneak greens like baby kale, arugula and chard into your favorite indulgent dish or lighten it up with some fresh greens. One pot meals are a great way to add greens because the greens cook right in the pot. What is your favorite way to add fresh greens to your diet?
This summer, I teamed up with organicgirl to help supercharge your summer. Enter to win a Fitbit and one year of free organicgirl greens. Follow organicgirl on Pinterest and check out the Summer Supercharge board. Create your own personal board titled “organicgirl summer supercharge” and pin recipes that inspire you to add more greens and superfoods to your diet. Visit organicgirl for more details on how to supercharge you summer and win!
One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta with Baby Kale
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 heaping cups organic girl I heart baby kale
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeeze lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 12" pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, water and baby kale. Stir then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 637, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 120mg, Sodium: 842mg, Potassium: 760mg, Carbohydrates: 58g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 41g, Vitamin A: 640%, Vitamin C: 16.9%, Calcium: 204%, Iron: 1.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Other one pot meals that you will love:
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.