One Pot Creamy Salsa Verde and Lime Chicken Pasta is a fun twist on a comforting and easy meal. Everything cooks in one pot to yield a creamy pasta dish that your entire family will love!
Let’s make dinner planning easy! One pot meals are my most popular recipes because everyone loves quick, easy and comforting meals that can be enjoyed during any day of the week. Just when I didn’t think one pot meals could get any better, I created this One Pot Creamy Salsa Verde and Lime Chicken Pasta. The dish is made with chicken, pasta, cheese and other fresh flavors. The addition of tomatillo salsa and fresh lime juice and zest adds a refreshing flavor that you won’t be able to resist. Everything cooks in one pot so you will want to make this meal again and again.
Combine chicken, salsa verde salsa, peppers, cheese and pasta to create this delectable dinner recipe made for the entire family. Add this one pot meal to your weekly dinner menu and then try my other favorite one pot pasta meals including One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta, One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta, One Pot Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Chicken Pasta.
The best part of this meal is that it tastes excellent as leftovers. Of course, that is if you are lucky enough to have any leftovers. One pot meals are popular in my house and when you add the comforting flavors of pasta, chicken and cheese, you won’t be able to resist this meal.
One Pot Creamy Salsa Verde and Lime Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup salsa verde or tomatillo salsa
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Roth Ultimate Mac & Cheese cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- zest from one lime
- avocado and cilantro for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 12" pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook until brown on both sides. Add uncooked pasta, bell pepper, chicken broth and salsa. Stir then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese, shredded cheese, lime juice and lime zest. Stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh avocado chunks and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 675, Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 125mg, Sodium: 998mg, Potassium: 888mg, Carbohydrates: 61g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 42g, Vitamin A: 1770%, Vitamin C: 51.8%, Calcium: 200%, Iron: 1.9%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
SHOP THE RECIPE TOOLS & INGREDIENTS
Skillet (Save $25 off your first order)