These easy Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs come together with only four ingredients in 15 minutes! Serve with your favorite side dish or with some tomato sauce and pasta for a complete meal.
Air fryers help make dinner fast. You can pull together these turkey meatballs in less than 15 minutes with a few ingredients. They are kid friendly and perfect for a quick dinner or meal prep.
Serve these meatballs with pasta and sauce, a simple veggie side dish or as as a meatball sub! They taste great with this easy cream cheese pasta.
Ingredients You Need
These meatballs come together with only a few ingredients.
- Ground Turkey – You can substitute with ground beef, if desired.
- Breadcrumbs – Use gluten free breadcrumbs, if needed.
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated Parmesan cheese adds flavor.
- Egg – To help keep the meatballs together.
- Salt – This recipe keeps it simple by using salt to enhance flavor.
More Flavor – Add more flavor by using fresh or dried herbs, such as parsley, oregano or basil.
This recipe uses a standard air fryer. Use one with at least a 4 quart capacity.
No air fryer, no problem! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily bake these in the oven. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on an instant thermometer.
Steps to Make Turkey Meatballs in the Air Fryer
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon or fork.
- Roll into meatballs.
- Bake in the air fryer!
- Make meatballs the same size. Roll the meatballs into the same size to ensure even cooking.
- Add more flavor with fresh herbs. You can add fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, oregano and basil for more flavor. A chopped tablespoon of herbs adds great flavor.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer basket. Spread the meatballs out in the air fryer and ensure that they are not touching.
- Meal prep. You can cook the meatballs in advance and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Make them ahead to enjoy for lunch or throw together a quick dinner during the week.
Storage and Freezing
Store the cooked meatballs in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To freeze, allow the meatballs to cool completely. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze completely in the freezer. Place the frozen meatballs in a freezer safe container or zip topped bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat, thaw them in the refrigerator and then warm them in the air fryer or slow cooker.
Easy Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
If you love using the air fryer, try a few of our favorite air fryer dinner recipes.
- Lemon Cod
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Carrot Fries – the perfect side dish!
- Orange Chicken
- Fish Tacos
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review.
Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil spray
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon or fork.
- Use a 2 tablespoon scoop to create about 14 meatballs.
- Spray the grate of your air fryer with non-stick spray. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 minutes, no need to turn, flip or shake.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley or more grated cheese and serve over pasta or in a sub roll with marinara sauce.
- Breadcrumbs: You can use gluten free breadcrumbs, if desired.