This Greek Chicken Pasta Salad is a healthy main dish pasta salad that’s delicious any time of year! Loaded with cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives and of course, plenty of feta cheese!
Happy (almost) fall everyone! Danae from Recipe Runner here today. It doesn’t seem possible that summer is over and I have to say I’m pretty bummed about it. I’m in love with summers in Colorado, although fall is my next favorite season.
I love watching the leaves change color and the cooler temperatures, but not so cool that I need my winter coat and snow boots. Even with fall starting this week, it’s been feeling more like the middle of July in Denver.
We’ve been in the 90’s for over a week now, with some near record heat. They say it’s supposed to cool off tomorrow, which will be a relief because this is a bit much.
I made this Greek Chicken Pasta Salad last week at the start of our heat wave, because quite frankly I couldn’t get in the mood to make soup or bake anything. Just the thought of turning on the oven makes me start to sweat.
The good news is Greek food is good all the time (not just summer), along with pasta. I don’t know about you guys, but I get tired of all the heavy food in winter and start craving something fresh and light. This Greek Chicken Pasta Salad totally fits the bill!
The pasta salad is easy to make and is hearty enough to be a main dish. If you do meal prepping, it’s great for that as well.
I took some of my favorite parts of other Greek recipes that I have on my blog and combined them all into this fabulous pasta salad. The dry rub for the chicken is one of my favorites and I love that you don’t have to wait for it to marinate.
The dressing for the pasta salad also comes from another recipe. My favorite Greek Tomato Cucumber Salad with Crispy Chickpeas. I highly recommend giving it a try.Along with the chicken, pasta and dressing you’ll also find the usual suspects. Cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, fresh dill and of course, as much feta as your heart desires. Mine usually desires a lot. Enjoy!
More Greek Recipes
Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
For the chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1/2 pound
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, rubbed between the palms of your hands
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, rubbed between the palms of your hands
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
For the pasta salad
- 1/2 pound whole wheat bow tie pasta or pasta of choice
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices and sprinkle evenly all over the chicken. Cook or grill the chicken until no longer pink inside and let it rest for at least 5 minutes before dicing it.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain and cool to room temperature then place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the diced chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olives, feta and dill in with the pasta.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette and pour over the pasta salad. Toss everything together until it's coated. Taste for seasoning then serve or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 215, Fat: 7.7g, Saturated Fat: 1.9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.9g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2.8g, Cholesterol: 54.3mg, Sodium: 397.4mg, Potassium: 230.3mg, Carbohydrates: 15.5g, Fiber: 1.7g, Sugar: 7.3g, Protein: 20.6g, Vitamin A: 8.4%, Vitamin C: 8.9%, Calcium: 5.2%, Iron: 6.9%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.