Tortellini Pasta Salad makes the perfect summer side dish! With tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and feta, it is the perfect way to use up summer veggies from your garden!
Last week I picked the most beautiful cherry tomatoes from my garden. I posted a picture of them on Instagram. They are the sweetest and most delectable cherry tomatoes that I have ever grown in my garden. It is actually the first year that my garden has produced any tomatoes worth showcasing. The past few years we had problems with pests and by this time of the year we had no tomatoes left. I’m going to pick another large batch today and am hoping that these beautiful cherry tomatoes last all summer. They are perfect for snacking or adding to your favorite summer salad. I love adding them to Tortellini Pasta Salad.
I hope that you had a wonderful holiday weekend. The weather was gorgeous here and the extra day off provided a little extra time to get things done around my house. Did you do anything fun this weekend?
Tortellini pasta salad is a variation of the Cucumber and Tomato Salad that I make often during the summer. I love adding pasta to the dish and eating this salad for lunch during the summer. It is a simple and easy salad that packs a lot of fresh garden flavor. Tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and feta are the perfect combination of sweet, juicy, salty and fresh. It is the perfect summer side dish. Serve it along side a fresh sandwich and you have the perfect summer meal.
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 9 ounces tortellini pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oregano, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to blend. Add tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and feta. Toss gently to combine. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 430, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 609mg, Potassium: 388mg, Carbohydrates: 35g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 15g, Vitamin A: 18.4%, Vitamin C: 38.8%, Calcium: 26%, Iron: 17.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.