Tortellini Pasta Salad is the perfect summer side dish. This easy pasta salad recipes is made in only 15 minutes!
*originally published July 2014, update June 2019*
During summer we crave fresh wholesome meals made with fresh garden produce. Salads are one of our favorite ways to pack in fresh seasonal flavors. Cucumber, fill, feta and pistachio salad and mason jar fruit salad regularly make an appearance on our summer menu. In addition, we love this easy Tortellini Pasta Salad!
Tortellini pasta salad is a variation of the Cucumber and Tomato Salad that we make often during the summer. It is a simple and easy salad that packs a lot of fresh garden flavor. Tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and feta are the perfect combination of sweet, juicy, salty and fresh. It is the perfect summer side dish. Serve it with grilled chicken or burgers to create a tasty meal.
Pasta salad ingredients
- Tortellini pasta: Use fresh or frozen tortellini pasta. Cook the pasta following the package instructions. Drain well.
- Cherry tomatoes: Use fresh cherry or grape tomatoes. Tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmer’s markets yield the best flavor.
- Red onion: The best onion for tortellini pasta salad is red onion.
- Cucumber: Cut cucumber into small pieces for additional crunch and freshness.
- Feta Cheese: Feta cheese is the perfect addition to a Mediterranean pasta salad. It adds a subtle salty flavor and creamy texture.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley adds the perfect amount of flavor and complements the other fresh ingredients.
- Oregano: Another Greek herb to add flavor.
- Red wine vinegar: The red wine vinegar complements the olive oil and provides the crisp flavor of the dressing.
- Extra virgin olive oil: The base of the simple pasta salad dressing is olive oil.
- Salt and pepper: Add salt and pepper to taste.
How to make tortellini pasta salad
To make an easy tortellini pasta salad, chop the cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumber and parsley. Add to a large bowl with the cooked tortellini and feta cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, stir and serve.
Make the simple homemade dressing with a few ingredients from your pantry. Drizzle it over the other fresh ingredients and serve. The best thing about this salad is that it can be prepped ahead or made at the last minute.
This salad is the best Greek tortellini salad or Mediterranean pasta salad and it’s ready in only 15 minutes!
If you love pasta salad without mayo, try some of our other favorite pasta salad recipes. Try this easy Greek tortellini salad and let us know what you think!
Best pasta salad recipes
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- Chicken and Berry Pesto Pasta Salad
- Creamy Southwest Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Lemon Basil Pasta Salad in a Jar
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 9 ounces tortellini pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch chunks
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oregano, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk to blend. Add tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and feta. Toss gently to combine. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- You can omit the feta cheese, if desired. Or use Parmesan cheese instead.
- You can prep this salad in advance and store in the refrigerator.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 353, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 489mg, Potassium: 343mg, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 12g, Vitamin A: 14.7%, Vitamin C: 33%, Calcium: 21.3%, Iron: 13.9%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.