Happy Friday! I don’t know about you, but this week flew by. I love staying busy, but sometimes I find it difficult to plan and prepare quick meals during the week. Most of the time I stick to salads, sandwiches and meals prepared on the grill when I need something prepared in 30 minutes or less. This Thai chicken salad is one of my favorite quick and easy meals. You have to marinate the chicken for at least an hour, but the rest of the meal comes together relatively fast. It includes fresh veggies, marinated chicken, crunchy chow mein noodles and creamy dressing.
I love edamame and I’ve started to add it to meals more often. Steamed and salted is my favorite way to enjoy it, but I also love it layered over salad. It adds a unique flavor and texture to the dish. The dressing is loaded with flavor and perfectly complements the salad. It is rich, creamy and little bit spicy. I marinated the chicken in two simple ingredients and then grilled it. So simple, but incredibly fresh and flavorful.
What are some of your favorite quick and easy weeknight meals? Feel free to share in the comments below.
Thai Chicken Salad
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and minced
For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon minced hot pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
For the salad:
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup wonton crisps or chow mein noodles
- To make the chicken, whisk soy sauce and ginger together in a small bowl. Place chicken in mixture and marinate in refrigerator for about one hour. After marinating, prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill directly over the fire and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- To make the dressing, combine garlic, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, oil and fish sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the peanut butter and water and whisk again until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, divide ingredients into 4 servings, layer with chicken and top with dressing.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 546, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 43mg, Sodium: 2299mg, Potassium: 884mg, Carbohydrates: 67g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 32g, Vitamin A: 194.1%, Vitamin C: 26.6%, Calcium: 11.6%, Iron: 31.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.