Thai Chicken Salad with peanut dressing is an easy recipe for lunch or dinner! Combine grilled soy ginger chicken and a fresh homemade peanut sauce with other fresh ingredients to make this easy salad recipe.
Forget boring salads! We want salads that are not only packed with healthy ingredients but are also packed with flavor. Thai chicken salad is one of my go-to easy weekday lunches or easy weeknight meals. After ordering a similar salad from one of my local restaurants for lunch for years, we decided to create our own recipe. Grilled soy ginger chicken is served over a bed of fresh ingredients and is drizzled with a homemade peanut dressing.
Soy ginger chicken
To make the grilled soy chicken chicken, whisk together soy sauce and freshly minced ginger. Marinate the chicken in the mixture in the refrigerator for about one hour. Grill the chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
Peanut chicken salad dressing ingredients
To make the dressing for the salad, whisk together minced garlic, minced red pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar or maple syrup, fresh lime juice, olive oil, fish sauce, peanut butter and water.
Thai chicken salad ingredients
- Grilled soy ginger chicken
- Romaine lettuce
- Wonton crisps or chow mein noodles
- Peanut dressing
Combine all of the ingredients for the salad together in bowls and enjoy! You can also prep these salads in advance for meal prep. Store them in reusable glass containers, reserve the dressing on the side and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Drizzle the salad with the peanut dressing before serving.
This salad would even work great for a large gathering, dinner party or event. Simply 2x, 3x, or 4x the recipe, depending on the amount of servings needed.
If you’re looking for easy meal prep salad recipes, try our chicken fajita chopped salad, greek chicken pasta salad or southwest sweet potato chopped salad. We also really love caprese grilled chicken salad and California cobb salad.
Thai Chicken Salad
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced hot pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
For the salad:
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup wonton crisps or chow mein noodles
- To make the chicken, whisk soy sauce and ginger together in a small bowl. Place chicken in mixture and marinate in refrigerator for about one hour. After marinating, prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill directly over the fire and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- To make the dressing, combine garlic, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, lime juice, oil and fish sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the peanut butter and water and whisk again until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, divide ingredients into 4 servings, layer with chicken and top with dressing.
- Prep these salads in advance and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Reserve the dressing until ready to serve.