Make this easy Cobb Salad with grilled turkey, avocado, tomatoes, boiled eggs, bacon and a creamy blue cheese buttermilk dressing! This is a classic salad that is easy to prepare.
Everyone loves this classic meal. Pack vegetables and protein into a hearty salad. Easily adapt the salad to fit your taste and enjoy a delicious meal packed with flavor. June is Turkey Lovers’ Month so we are celebrating by using two types of turkey for this salad recipe, both grilled turkey and turkey bacon. Turkey is naturally low in fat and is packed with lean protein to keep you feeling full longer.
What is cobb salad?
A cobb salad is a classic American salad made with lettuce, tomato, bacon, grilled chicken or turkey, hard boiled eggs, avocado and dressing. It is a great main dish salad for lunch or dinner.
Cobb salad ingredients
- Grilled Turkey – Grilled turkey tenderloins or turkey breast work great, but you can use your favorite cut of meat. Simply season with salt and pepper before grilling.
- Turkey Bacon
- Romaine Lettuce
- Boiled Eggs
Cobb salad dressing
An easy blue cheese buttermilk dressing is the perfect addition. It’s creamy, delicious and adds the classic blue cheese flavor to the salad.
To make cobb salad dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, 1/4 cup finely diced red onion, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Tips for grilling turkey
- Always use a meat thermometer to confirm the turkey reaches the safe internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Simply season turkey with salt or pepper before grilling or use your favorite marinade.
- Never use a marinade as a sauce at the table.
- Discard any food leftovers left out for more than 2 hours.
- Substitute grilled turkey for grilled chicken or beef in many recipes for a lighter, leaner protein option.
If you’re looking for another easy dinner recipe, try our Easy Turkey Tenderloin, requiring less than 10 minutes of prep in the kitchen. Or visit ServeTurkey.org for more turkey recipes and cooking tips.
Try this salad and let us know what you think!
Easy Cobb Salad
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cooked turkey bacon, diced
- 2 cups grilled turkey, diced
- 2 large ripe avocados, seeded, peeled and diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 large hard boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- Whisk together sour cream, buttermilk, blue cheese, onion, lime juice and ground black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To assemble the salad, place lettuce in a large bowl and toss with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Divide lettuce evenly between six bowls and arrange remaining ingredients on top of lettuce. Drizzle additional dressing over the top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- To make a large salad to serve for a gathering or large party, double the recipe.
Thank you to the National Turkey Federation for sponsoring this post. As always, opinions are my own.