This Peach Sangria is the perfect light and refreshing summertime drink. Simply combine fresh white peaches with crisp white wine and peach schnapps, chill and serve it to your guests at a summer party or BBQ. Prep in only 5 minutes before chilling!
Nothing says summer like fresh peaches. Their sweet and juicy flavor is perfect for warmer weather and there are so many different ways to use them. I love using a variety of regular peaches and white peaches to make my favorite desserts and summer cocktails.
Sangria is one of the easiest cocktails to make because all you need to do is mix up some of your favorite wine along with fresh fruit and some schnapps. It gets chilled in the fridge to develop its flavor, then it’s ready to serve! In this sangria recipe, I decided to use white peaches.
White peaches are a different breed of peach. It has a bit less acidity than regular peaches which gives it a slightly tart and floral flavor. White peaches along with peach schnapps give this sangria a great peach flavor that is light and refreshing making it the perfect peach sangria.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Great for a summertime BBQ or party.
- It’s a light cocktail that won’t weigh you down.
- You can customize it by adding your favorite fruits.
- Make it strong or lighten it up by adding soda water.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Crisp White Wine – You’ll need a crisp white wine to give it a great crisp and fruity flavor. I like using Riesling, Pinot Grigio, or even Rose.
- Peach Schnaps – Adds additional sweetness and enhances the natural peach flavor.
- Fresh White Peaches – Gives the sangria a light floral flavor, sweetness, and a slight tart flavor.
- Soda Water – Use soda water after pouring into the glass to give the sangria a bit of effervescence. This is optional.
How To Make Peach Sangria
Step 1. Prepare the white peaches. Slice the white peaches into small cubes making sure to avoid the pit. Add them to a large pitcher.
Step 2. Mix the sangria. Add in white wine and peach schnapps, then stir to combine. Let it chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
Step 3. Assemble and serve. Once chilled, give the pitcher another stir and pour into glasses. Top each glass with a splash of soda water if desired.
- Use organic peaches, when possible. For better flavor, try to use organic white peaches that are ripe, but not overripe. Make sure you wash really well before chopping.
- Do not skip the chilling step! The flavors need time to come together. Though sangria lasts in the fridge for 3-5 days, it’s best used in 24 hours.
- If using soda water, make sure you add it after the glass is poured as adding it before will decrease the carbonation.
- You can peel the skin of the white peaches, but it is not necessary.
- Use your favorite white wine. When making sangria, make sure you choose a wine that you really like. You don’t need top-shelf quality, but you will be able to taste it so you want to make sure you enjoy it.
Sangria can be served without ice or poured over ice.
- Change the strength of the drink by adding some soda water. It will give the sangria a light effervescent taste.
- To increase the booze, you can add champagne or prosecco after pouring in the glass.
- You can add any additional fruit that you like— I like to add strawberries or blueberries right before serving for a bit of color!
- Make a sugar rim around the glass using turbinado sugar and water for a great look.
- Add some sliced lemons for a unique peach sangria with a hint of acidity that balances the sweet flavors.
If you’re looking to use wine for white sangria, the best wines will be ones that are crisp and dry. Favorites include pinot grigio, sauvignon blanc, rose, or a sweet riesling.
White sangria is an alcoholic beverage that’s made of white wine, chopped fruit, and usually a fruit-based liquor to tie it all together. There are many different combinations and variations of white sangria.
Sangria will last in a pitcher inside the fridge for 3-5 days. For best results, store in a pitcher that has a lid so the sangria won’t absorb any odors inside the fridge.
More Fruity Summer Cocktails
- Watermelon Paloma
- Mango Mojito
- Grapefruit Gin Fizz
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Guava Margarita
- Peach Mimosas
Did you try this Peach Sangria recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
- 3 cups crisp white wine
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 2 white peaches, sliced or cubed
- Soda water, (optional)
- Combine the white wine, peach schnapps, and chopped peaches in a large pitcher. Stir to combine and place it in the fridge to chill for at least one hour.
- Top with soda water, if desired, before serving.
- Wine: You can use any kind of summer-oriented wine. Anything crisp and fruity (riesling, pinot grigio, rose) will work perfectly!
- Add soda water for a bit of effervescence and to decrease the strength of the drinks. If you’re looking for even more booze, use champagne or prosecco!
- Add more fruit. You can add any additional fruit that you like— I like to add strawberries or blueberries right before serving for a bit of color!
This was delicious and refreshing. I made it for a girl’s night with some friends are they loved it.
The fresh peaches add so much brightness to this drink. We all love it in the summertime!