Sip on a refreshing mango mojito made with only five ingredients including mango, lime and mint. This recipe is made in less than 10 minutes!
A classic mojito is the perfect drink any time of the year, but it is especially refreshing on a hot day. It’s made with a combination of rum, lime juice and mint. Add fresh fruit puree and create a delicious drink packed with flavor.
- Mango – any type of ripe mango works, however sweeter varieties like Haden, Kent and Tommy Atkins are the best.
- Lime – any type of lime, both conventional and key lime taste great.
- Mint – spearmint or peppermint are best for mojitos.
- Rum – choose your favorite white rum.
- Club Soda – seltzer can be used as a substitute for club soda.
- Ice – use ice cubes rather than crushed iced. Cubes take longer to melt.
- Simple Syrup or Honey (optional) – mango already adds a bit of sweetness, but if you desire a sweeter drink, you can add a teaspoon or two of simple syrup or honey.
Fresh mangos are the best way to make mango puree. Simply cut or peel off the skin and remove the seed. Place in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
You can also use store-bought canned or jared mango puree.
How to Muddle Mint
Add the mint to a cocktail shaker with 1/4 of a lime, rum and simple syrup (if using.) Use a large glass or mason jar if you don’t have a cocktail shaker.
Use a wooden or stainless steel cocktail muddler (or a wooden spoon) and gently mash the mint a few times to release the juices. Do not mash with too much force. Muddling requires a light touch.
Other fruit flavors
Use any combination of your favorite fruit flavors to create a refreshing mojito. You can replace the fresh mango with other flavors, if desired.
- Pineapple or Peach – Use fresh pineapple or peach puree (or both) instead of mango.
- Strawberry or Blueberry – Replace mango with muddled berries.
- Guava or Passionfruit – Use guava or passionfruit puree instead of mango.
It tastes like a refreshing bubbly lime and mint drink. If you add fruit, simple syrup or honey it will taste slightly sweet.
Light white rum is the best choice. Bacardi Silver Rum and Cruzan Light Rum are good reasonably priced rums. Flavored rums, like coconut rum, are also a great choice when you are looking for more flavor.
Yes. Although the classic recipe calls for rum, you can substitute with vodka, if desired.
Other fruit cocktails
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Strawberry Sangria
- Grapefruit Gin Fizz
- Cranberry Moscow Mule
- Pomegranate French 75
Sip on this delicious mango mojito poolside when the weather is hot. Or make it any time of the year and enjoy a taste of the tropics. Try it and let us know what you think!
- 1 fresh mango peeled and seeded
- 2 limes divided
- 6 to 10 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup or honey (optional)
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Fresh mango slices for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Ice cubes
Squeeze 1 lime and combine the juice with the mango in a blender. Pulse until roughly pureed.
In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add mint, 1/4 of another lime (sliced), rum and simple syrup (or honey). Gently muddle together for 30 seconds. Add mango-lime puree, secure lid and shake vigorously.
Pour mixture into two glasses, half-filled with ice and fill the remaining glass with sparkling water or club soda. Top with mint sprigs and slices of mango and lime.
- Mango – any variety of mango works.
- Lime – any type of lime, both conventional and key lime tastes great.
- Mint – spearmint or peppermint are best.
- Light white rum is the best choice. Bacardi Silver Rum or Cruzan Light Rum are good reasonably priced rums. Flavored rums are okay, but they might alter the flavor of the drink.
- You can use vodka instead of rum, if desired.
- Pineapple or Peach – Use fresh pineapple or peach puree (or both) instead of the mango.
- Strawberry or Blueberry – Replace the mango with muddled berries.
- Guava or Passionfruit – Use guava or passionfruit puree instead of the mango.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 150, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 4mg, Potassium: 242mg, Carbohydrates: 23g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 1281%, Vitamin C: 58%, Calcium: 41%, Iron: 1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.