Pomegranate French 75 is the perfect drink to toast with this holiday season and a must for brunch! Bubbly, sweet and floral with a touch of tart flavor from the pomegranate.
Happy almost Christmas friends! Danae from Recipe Runner here today and I’ve got your double duty Christmas and New Years Eve cocktail ready. A Pomegranate French 75! Doesn’t it sound fancy?
Since the holidays are all about show-stopping dinners, desserts and drinks this little number will fit right in. Not to mention the color is beautiful!
I had never heard of a French 75 until a few years ago and the name immediately caught my attention. If you aren’t familiar with the cocktail it’s a combination of gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and champagne. It’s actually quite simple as far as some cocktails go, but boy is it tasty!
To give this classic cocktail a little winter and holiday flair I decided to substitute the lemon juice with pomegranate juice. The pomegranate flavor goes together perfectly with the botanical and citrus notes in the gin.
I actually never considered myself a fan of gin, but lately it seems like every cocktail I have that uses it, I end up loving. Speaking of gin there are a lot of choices out there and they all vary in quality and taste. For this recipe I used Hendrick’s Gin which is a good quality gin for the average drinker. If you’re a gin connoisseur I’m sure you may have a different opinion.
This recipe is for two cocktails, which is just the right amount for one person if you’re like me. However, you can easily increase it for a larger group.
To make the cocktail combine the pomegranate juice, gin and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Give it a good shake then pour it into two champagne flutes. Top the mixture off with champagne, prosecco or cava, whatever you prefer and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
The flavor of this Pomegranate French 75 is fruity, slightly floral, with hints of juniper from the gin and a little tartness from the pomegranate. The bubbly champagne brightens up the whole drink making it party perfect.
More Cocktails To Try
Pomegranate French 75
- 2 ounces gin (such as Hendrick's)
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Champagne or Prosecco for topping off the drink
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Combine the gin, pomegranate juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake for about 15 seconds until chilled. Strain the mixture into two champagne glasses and top with champagne. Garnish with desired amount of pomegranate seeds.
- To make simple syrup, combine equal amounts of sugar and water in a small saucepan. Warm the mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and cool before using or storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 127, Sodium: 12mg, Potassium: 60mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Sugar: 14g, Iron: 0.5%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.