Enjoy this refreshing Green Detox Smoothie that tastes great and is made with ingredients that are good for your body! This recipe includes suggestions for other flavor combinations and tips for the best smoothies.
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy a delicious smoothie while detoxing your body, then this green smoothie is perfect for you. It’s made with a few basic smoothie ingredients plus a few mix-ins to help reset your body.
Make this smoothie for breakfast, lunch or snack!
Ingredients You Need
- Spinach: You can substitute with kale.
- Banana: You can omit the banana and add other fruit, if desired.
- Frozen Peaches: You can substitute with other fruit like pineapple, berries or mango.
- Parsley: This herb adds antioxidants and nutrients. The other ingredients mask the flavor, but you can omit if desired.
- Milk: Use dairy or plant based milk.
- Honey: Substitute with maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Chia Seeds: Substitute with ground chia or flax seeds.
- Coconut Oil: A healthy boost.
- Lemon: Adds fresh flavor.
Tips for Making Smoothies
- Use a high quality blender. A good quality blender doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Blend in stages to avoid chunks of greens.
- Blend longer to make it smoother.
- Add a little more liquid, if needed, to blend smoothly.
- Add your favorite smoothie boosters to give it more flavor and nutrients.
- Swap out ingredients and flavors to make it your own.
Smoothie add-ins and boosters
There are many options for adding a healthy boost to smoothies. You can add everything from nuts and seeds to chocolate or spices. Try adding a boost to your smoothie with a variety of ingredients.
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
- Coconut Oil
- Almond or Nut Butter
- Greek Yogurt
- Matcha Powder
- Protein Powder
Prep Smoothie Packs
You can prep the smoothie ingredients in advance and either store them in the refrigerator or freeze until ready to use.
Add all of the smoothie ingredients to a zipped top freezer bag or container. Store for up to 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. Transfer the contents of the bag to a blender and blend until smooth.
Prep this green detox smoothie in advance and enjoy anytime!
Other Smoothie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Almond Butter Smoothie
- Strawberry, Mango and Guava Smoothie
- Citrus Smoothie
Green Detox Smoothie
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon honey, or maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk, or any kind of milk
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- Add the spinach, parsley, banana, chia seeds, lemon juice, honey, coconut oil and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the frozen peaches and pulse a couple of times, then blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- You can use kale instead of spinach.
- You can omit the chia seeds or use hemp seeds instead.
- Use any kind of dairy or plant-based milk.
- Instead of frozen peaches, you can use frozen mango, frozen pineapple or combination of any of these.
- Use maple syrup, agave or honey for the sweetener.
I love smoothies
Green smoothies are my favorite! This one is great because I usually have all these ingredients on hand already. 🙂
This smoothie was delicious and so easy to make! It was a great start to my morning.