Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Sausage, Spinach and Feta Egg Bake is an easy breakfast recipe made from a few fresh and simple ingredients! Combine breakfast sausage, greens, broccoli, red pepper and feta with eggs to create a meal that tastes great as leftovers too.
Today is a special day. I’m sharing my last new recipe of 2017! This year included many delectable recipes but I saved one of the best for last. Sausage, Spinach and Feta Egg Bake is a versatile breakfast bake that is enjoyed any time of the year. It is the perfect addition to your holiday brunch menu and is also a great way to start the new year. Fresh vegetables and hearty breakfast sausage create a meal that is packed with protein and nutrients. Make this dish at the beginning of the week and reheat for breakfast throughout the week.
For this recipe, I use one of my favorite organicgirl blends, SUPER SPINACH!, packed with baby spinach, baby bok choy and sweet baby kale. Best of all, the recipe uses the entire package of greens. Sausage, Spinach and Feta Egg Bake includes broccoli, red pepper and onion too.
You are welcome to adapt the recipe to make it without meat or without cheese. Use paleo breakfast sausage and omit the cheese to make it paleo. Substitute the milk with water. It is a great choice for breakfast or brunch any day of the week and reheats well too. Kids and adults love this meal!
Sausage, Spinach and Feta Egg Bake
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces organicgirl SUPER SPINACH!
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Add sausage to a large skillet set over medium heat. Crumble and cook for 2 minutes. Add onions and garlic and cook until browned. Add greens, broccoli and red pepper and cook about 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with feta cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the milk. Pour over sausage-vegetable mixture and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
- We love using organicgirl SUPERSPINACH! for this recipe, but you can use any of your favorite organicgirl greens.
- This recipe tastes great as leftovers too.
Organicgirl sponsored this post. As always, all opinions are my own.