This easy Spinach and Feta Quiche is a delicious meal any time of the day! Combine a few simple ingredients to create a delicious breakfast, brunch or even dinner option.
Quiche is an easy yet impressive meal. It comes together with a few basic ingredients and is a great option anytime. Spinach and feta are two quiche add-ins that taste great. Use store bought pie crust to make the quiche quick, easy and delicious.
Ingredients You Need
- Pie Crust: Home or store bought pie crust is fine.
- Spinach: You can substitute with kale or other greens, if desired.
- Onion: Adds flavor.
- Eggs: They are the foundation of the quiche.
- Feta Cheese: You can substitute with another type of cheese such as goat cheese, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese or gruyere.
- Heavy Cream: You can substitute with whole milk.
- Butter: Unsalted or salted works fine.
- Garlic: Use garlic paste or finely minced garlic.
- Dried Thyme: Adds flavors. You can substitute with another spice such as dill, marjoram or green onions.
- Salt and Pepper
Prebake a Pie Crust for Quiche
Before preparing the quiche filling, prebake a pie crust. Spray a pie pan or a removable bottom tart pan with non-stick spray.
Place a 9-inch pie crush dough on the bottom of the pan. If you are using a tart pan, cut the excess dough from around the edges. If you are using a pie pan, pinch the edges around the edges of the pan.
Poke holes in the bottom of the crust using a fork then place some parchment paper in the middle along with some pie weights or uncooked regular beans and bake for 10 minutes a 350 degrees
Remove the pan from the oven and remove the parchment paper and beans then bake for another 5 minutes.
Prepare the quiche filling then add to the prebaked crust. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the edges puff up and the top is a light golden color.
Yes. Whole milk works best or a combination of whole-fat and reduced-fat milk.
Quiche tastes great with cheese. Some good choices include feta cheese, goat cheese, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and gruyere.
Add this easy spinach and feta quiche to your breakfast, brunch or dinner menu. Let us know what you think! We know you’re going to love it.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Breakfast Burrito
- Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
Spinach and Feta Quiche
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust dough, homemade or store bought
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste , or finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cups fresh spinach, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a pie pan or a removable bottom tart pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the pie crust dough on the pan and cut the excess dough from the around the edges if using a tart pan. If you are using a pie pan, pinch the edges around the edges of the pan.
- Poke holes in the bottom of the crust using a fork then place some parchment paper in the middle along with some pie weights or uncooked regular beans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove the parchment paper and beans and bake for another 5 minutes, or until crisp, but still pale in the center.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the butter in a medium pan over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until the onion becomes translucent, then add the garlic, salt, pepper and thyme and cook for an additional minute or so, or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has reduced significantly. (You may need to add the spinach in batches if your pan is really small.) Remove the pan from the heat and drain the excess liquid from the spinach.
- Spoon the spinach mix onto the pie crust in an even layer then add the feta in an even layer on top.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream together then pour it over the spinach and feta mix.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the edges have puffed up and the top has turned a light golden color.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the quiche cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Spinach: Use kale or other greens.
- Heavy Cream: Use whole milk instead.
- Feta Cheese: Use another type of cheese such as white cheddar, gruyere, Swiss cheese or goat cheese.